for the SVP/VP, Operations position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Chicago - Waterton
SVP/VP of Hospitality Operations
The Senior Vice President / Vice President of Operations, will lead, direct and mentor General Managers & Corporate Direct Reports in all phases of acquisition, management and disposition of hotel real estate assets. Foster partnership and alignment across the hospitality operations platform and other integrated departments to create consistency, brand integrity and service delivery with the goal of maximizing operating efficiencies and driving performance results. Develop strategic and tactical plans for operations to achieve business objectives and drive operating performance.
Specific job responsibilities include oversight of hotel assets in the following areas, this is not an all-inclusive list and responsibilities may be added or deleted:
- Manage the acquisition and transition process, ensuring the integrity of the investment strategy and proper execution of the business plans from transition through disposition.
- Be a dynamic, experienced and motivated mentor to property General Managers and their management teams, as well as ensuring their hotels are continually in line with and carrying out the strategic goals and direction of the organization with a high level of accountability.
- Partner, collaborate and communicate with all departments as needed to accomplish shared goals and objectives of the organization.
- Partner with COO on overall development and successful execution of operations strategies.
- Create and guide short-term and long-term operational strategies in tandem with the Executive Team and GMs, including value add strategies at acquisition and during the hold period, ensuring maximum real estate value is attained.
- Establish metrics and benchmarks managing them proactively; implement specific initiatives and strategies that further promote optimum performance of assets.
- Responsible for ensuring that all hotel operations are carried out professionally, to Waterton and brand standards, and at the highest level of service while maintaining the financial impact of such decisions and operations.
- Ensures responsible financial management of hotels. In partnership with leadership team, develop annual budgets to accurately forecast financial performance and to deliver financial results in accordance with those budgets.
- Drives guest satisfaction by maintaining product and service quality standards; Periodic property inspections, ensuring completion of Brand and Company training programs and initiating corrective action as necessary.
- Works collaboratively with corporate support departments, and owners to build relationships and ensure effective, proactive communication with ownership representatives at all times.
- Works with GMs and SVP-Sales on implementation of sales, revenue management and marketing programs in order to achieve and exceed established RevPAR goals.
- Critically analyzes all metrics (including but not limited to financial reports, GSS, STR, Quality Assurance Inspections, Financial Audits, Associate Opinion Surveys, Employee Turnover), assessing actual performance to defined benchmarks, identifying variances and initiating corrective action.
- Ensures that all assigned assets are properly maintained and protected and that life safety programs, PCI Compliance, and OSHA standards and practices are being enforced and followed.
- Partner with Human Resources team in hiring, coaching, training, engaging and retaining talent. Assist in ensuring compliance with policies & procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all SOPs.
- Maintain professional associations and networking within the industry, participate as needed in professional/industry events.
Basic Business Acumen:
- Communication – Enthusiastic, confident and persuasive communicator.
- Leadership – Persuasive leadership based on expertise and knowledge. Delegates the details but uses follow up to ensure accountability and timeliness of execution.
- Efficiency – Sense of urgency for goal achievement. Has the ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Collaboration – Creative problem solver who has the ability to stimulate others to action. Is collaborative with a focus on results.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Working at a faster than average pace for most of work day. Must be able to adapt/adjust to continual changes and variety.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace (English).
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires professional communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to skillfully adapt communication style between various groups including internal associates at various levels of the organization, ownership, lenders, etc.
- Most tasks are performed independently. There is limited direct supervision.
- Strong analytical and investigative skills, strong attention to detail.
- Skilled in determining whether tasks should be attempted, identifying the most effective way of completing the task, and preparing how to overcome unexpected difficulties.
- Advanced skill-set with Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Present ideas and information in a professional, concise and well-organized way.
- Manage time well; correctly prioritizing tasks to meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to assess/evaluate individual performance with an emphasis on quality standards and productivity.
- Ensure that both internal & external customer satisfaction is consistently obtained and maintained.
- Strong working knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing fair housing, equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Hospitality or related field required. Graduate Degree a plus.
A valid drivers’ license is required.
A minimum of fifteen (15) years’ experience in hospitality property management with at least 10 years’ experience in a leadership role.
Extensive travel required, up to 70% generally. Travel may be heavier than 70% during periods of heavy acquisition or disposition.
Hospitality is a 24/7 industry therefore, candidates should be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
EOE - M/F/D/V/SO
No job matches. Start a new search below!