for the Rotary Die Cut Operator position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Rotary Die Cut Operator
Carson - Smurfit Kappa North America LLC
At Smurfit Kappa, we open up opportunities with forward-thinking customers by relentlessly applying our experience, expertise and ingenuity.
Smurfit Kappa is one of the leading producers of paper-based packaging in the world, with around 45,000 employees in approximately 370 production sites across 34 countries and with sales revenue of €8.1 bn in 2015. Smurfit Kappa’s worldwide headquarters are located in Dublin, Ireland and has regional headquarters in Amsterdam (Europe) and Miami (the Americas).
Smurfit Kappa North America is part of the Smurfit Kappa Group and is a leading integrated paperboard and paper-based packaging manufacturer with multiple facilities in the Southwestern United States and Northern Mexico with approximately 4,000 employees in this region.
With our pro-active team we relentlessly use our extensive experience and expertise, supported by our scale, to open up opportunities for our customers.
We collaborate with forward thinking customers by sharing superior product knowledge, market understanding and insights in packaging trends to ensure business success in their markets. We have an unrivalled portfolio of paper-packaging solutions, which is constantly updated with our market-leading innovations.
This is enhanced through the benefits of our integration, with optimal paper design, logistics, timeliness of service, and our packaging plants sourcing most of their raw materials from our own paper mills. Our products, which are 100% renewable and produced sustainably, improve the environmental footprint of our customers.
Are you ready to Open the Future?
Visit our website at www.smurfitkappa.com and visit our microsite at www.openthefuture.info .
View our video on You Tube at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BXoyoGxOVk
Overall purpose of the Job
Responsible for all activities associated with running the Rotary Die Cut Machine (Serenco) including setup, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations.
The Rotary Die Cut Operator works within a team to operate the Rotary Die Cut machine in a safe, efficient and reliable manner. The position holder will follow all pertinent quality procedures & processes as well as Group Health & Safety standards and rules.
• Set-up print and die cut sections of die cutters in accordance with proper setup technique
• Ensure all bolts on cutting dies are in place and tightly secured
• Achieve 8-12 minutes set ups; Achieve 100,000 msf per hour on thru put after proper training
• Inspect anilox rolls and all dies before and after run to ensure that any necessary repairs are made before the next run
• Monitor box quality, including, but not limited to loose liner, warp, correct size, and print
• Maximize the utilization of equipment by operating the machinery at available capacity and speed
• Train other colleagues to pass on knowledge & expertise, switch duties with Assistant Operator as necessary
• Cross train on other machines
• Complete necessary reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, Quality Data
• Be proactive in the maintenance of equipment
• Adheres to production schedule. Makes recommendations for optimizing the schedule to meet cost, quality and service goals. Reports any unusual scheduling issues to Supervisor
• Comply with all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping
• Report unsecured conditions to Supervisor
• Participates in month ending inventory
• Participates in all safety and hygiene activities as required by the Human Resources Department
• Takes part in any extra curriculum activity deemed necessary by management
• Assist other department and/or areas as requested by management or Supervisor
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent; up to five (5) years related experience or training in the corrugated industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Basic computer skills for data entry
• Must be able to read, write and speak in English
• Good interpersonal & communication skills
• Highly organized, detail orientated and self-motivated individual (proactive attitude)
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment, learn quickly and follow established processes
• Good mathematical skills – understand basic algebra, able to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, volume etc. (add and subtract numbers, multiply and divide by 10’s and 100’s…)
Complexity and Creativity
• Ability to define problems, collect data/facts (observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources) and draw reasonable conclusions
• Ability to deal with various situations
• Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Judgment and Decision making
• Capable of prioritizing multiple tasks and deliver on production deadlines
• Able to interpret a variety of instructions
• Able to provide and communicate sound information to Management
This position does not involve any Supervisory responsibilities.
To successfully perform the essential functions of this role it requires the ability to: stand constantly, walk constantly, frequent use of hands (reach with hands and arms), view computer monitor, speak and hear on a frequent basis. The role requires occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities required to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The Rotary Die Cut Operator will communicate with Supervisors and colleagues on a regular basis and is based in Carson, California
- Enjoy challenges and opportunities to use your knowledge, skills and experience to support the strategic direction of the Company in a fast paced environment.
- Are a change agent that wants to make a huge impact and add value to our Company's initiatives
- Understand the value of integrity in all business relationships
- want to join a "family" atmosphere and work with an amazing group of people
...then you just might be the right candidate for this opportunity!
If you are ready to take the challenge, please apply below.
Smurfit Kappa North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
No job matches. Start a new search below!