for the Sales Manager - Hospitality position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Sales Manager - Hospitality
Lincoln - The Marcus Corporation
WHY WE LOVE LINCOLN, NEBRASKA:
ü Honored to be selected as one of the top five “Best Places to Work” in 2017 among large companies in Lincoln!
ü Click to watch this quick 1.45 minute video -- why we LOVE living in Lincoln, Nebraska! https://youtu.be/sgZU7jpreHs “Live.Love.Lincoln.”
ü 2016: Top Best Places to Live per Livability Ranking: #48/#100
ü 2016: Best Places to Retire according to Forbes
VIDEO TOUR OF THE LINCOLN MARRIOTT CORNHUSKER HOTEL:
THE MARCUS CORPORATION
We are committed to creating Marcus Magic by delivering extraordinary service to our guests and associates, the first time and every time. Marcus Magic helps exceed guest expectations and consistently deliver a quality experience for our all guests. Marcus Magic makes our guest want to come back again and again...and makes our associates want to stay and work on our team.
WHAT IS MARCUS MAGIC?
It's about creating a place where people can get up in the morning and look forward to going to work. It’s about creating a place where our guests can come home to. It’s creating the feeling for each guest that they are in the right place at the right time. We are in the business of creating memories!
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
1. Aside of the Marcus Magic culture, associates also receive a very competitive pay rate
2. Free associate meal is provided each shift greater than 6 hours
4. Excellent employee discounts
5. Full Time benefits include: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401K, Marcus Stock purchase plan, Paid Time Off: (6) Company Paid Holidays
6. The hospitality industry offers unlimited opportunities for career advancement
Responsible for the solicitation and management of designated market(s) to ensure all financial and sales goals are achieved or exceeded.
SPECIAL SHIFT NOTES:
This is a generally a first-shift role, but all applicants must have flexibility to modify their schedule based on events and guest needs. Must have flexibility to work a varied schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, holidays and the ability to work under pressure.
1. Account prospecting, solicitation, and development via telephone, personal contact, outside calls, correspondence, email and other means of communication.
2. Conduct hotel site inspections, entertain both in house and off property, and maintain thorough follow up methods.
3. Represent hotel at trade shows, civic/business functions, industry-related associations, and other events to promote the hotel and/or the city.
4. Prepare and present proposals and contracts both written and verbal in a prompt, accurate, profitable, pleasant and professional manner.
5. Attend meetings including, but not limited to, pre-convention, business review, management, departmental and any other meetings deemed necessary to your position.
6. Handle account details and coordinate final arrangements.
7. Responsible for a monetary goal to be mutually agreed upon by the Director of Sales and Marketing, General Manager and the Vice President of Sales and Marketing/Revenue Generation.
8. Communication of all special needs and changes to the staff responsible for ensuring completion of requirements.
9. Know the function space and how it works in detail along with appropriate set ups and turn times.
10. Ensure guest satisfaction by follow up after event with thank you letter and comment card effectively and accurately communicate over the phone and take correct messages.
11. Follow all Marcus Hotels and Resorts policies and procedures, Marriott Standards, and Information Protection procedures.
12. Perform all other related duties and special projects as requested and/or assigned.
1. High school diploma or equivalent required, Four-year college degree preferred, however, any combination of education and training within hotel sales and/or event planning may also be considered.
2. Prior sales experience preferred.
3. Basic mathematical skills that allow for calculation of room blocks, function costs and estimated checks.
4. Flexibility to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel and oversight of events.
5. Ability to effectively handle guest and employee concerns in a friendly and positive manner. This involves listening to the nature of concern, demonstrating empathy with the customer and providing positive and proactive solutions.
6. Excellent interpersonal, listening and communication skills to include the ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English Language.
7. Ability to sit, stand and move throughout to perform essential job functions.
8. High degree of accuracy and detail orientation.
9. Promptly respond to requests for information on hotel facilities and menus.
10. Conduct tours of the hotel to include ballrooms, meeting space, guest rooms, food and beverage outlets and public space and meet with clients as needed
11. Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
12. Ability to access and accurately input information.
13. Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is required, knowledge of Marriott systems including CI/TY is preferred.
14. Must have excellent telephone etiquette skills.
15. Must be able to represent the company in a professional, well-groomed and courteous manner.
16. Strong knowledge of market segments.
17. Excellent analytical skills.
18. Mathematical skills that allow for calculation of room blocks, average rates, budgets, and forecast information.
19. Ability to travel. Reliable transportation required for outside sales calls.
20. Ability to meet departmental/hotel financial and sales objectives.
Apply now for immediate consideration! We are looking forward to getting to know you better!
EOE / M / F / D / V
No job matches. Start a new search below!