for the Associate Project Manager, Global Array Content and Applications position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Associate Project Manager, Global Array Content and Applications
San Diego - Illumina, Inc.
The new hire will play a critical role in supporting our Global Array Content and Applications team.
Primary responsibilities include managing the development of custom array projects under aggressive timelines, coordinating activities among cross-functional groups, analyzing results from complex datasets to create customer product files, and respond to technical inquiries from marketing and other departments. The position is anticipated to be a 10% in-lab and 90% analysis and project management duties.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manages daily operations of custom and commercial Infinium Array project pipeline and orders.
- Analyze large complex data sets using Illumina proprietary software and prepare results for internal/external customers.
- Troubleshoot production issues and clearly communicate tradeoffs to marketing teams and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Execute wet lab experiments to address project needs for both genotyping and methylation projects.
- Organizes cross-functional activities, work with product marketing, customer services, technical support, manufacturing and other business partners to understand gaps in timelines and balance customer project needs.
- Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet constantly changing needs and requirements.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project, including but not limited to GANTT charts for each project, meeting minutes, and others as assigned.
- Effectively applies project execution methodologies and enforces standard practices.
- 4 - 6 years of relevant experience.
- High attention to detail and excellent problem-solving skills are required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively with other cross-functional groups within the company.
- A desire to be part of fast-paced dynamic team environment.
- B.S./M.S. in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or related science
- P.M.P. preferred, but not required.
No job matches. Start a new search below!