for the Research Associate - Protein Production position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Research Associate - Protein Production
Madison - Epicentre Technologies Corp.
We are seeking a talented, driven, and experienced protein production professional to join our dynamic team and contribute to the production and development of novel proteins and molecular biology reagents. In this position you will be responsible for completing the production of a wide variety of molecular biology proteins, from cell break through to final QC, participate in team-driven purification process development and improvement projects, and be expected to participate in an inquisitive scientific environment.
Job duties include, but are not limited to
- Purify a variety of molecular biology enzymes and binding proteins to support our growing product lines.
- Develop scalable and robust purification processes for key enzymes that are used in company’s proprietary sequencing platforms.
- Complete assays measuring key enzymatic activities, as well as standard protein characterization assays.
- Work as part of a scientific team and participate in team meetings and initiatives.
- Execute inventory control of reagents, chemicals, and supplies using proper labeling and computerized systems.
- Maintain general lab organization of lab supplies, equipment and reagents.
- Other duties that may be determined by management.
- 1 to 3 years of industry experience in protein purification or related biochemistry areas.
- Strong knowledge of the theory of protein purification, including the basis of chromatography and other downstream techniques.
- Hands-on experience in purification at various scales using both non-automated methods and automated FPLC systems (e.g. the AKTA platform).
- Experience with methods for the physical and biochemical characterization of protein, such as SDS PAGE, protein assays, activity assays, mass spectroscopy, NanoDrop, and immunoblotting.
- High level of technical proficiency, initiative, independent thought, and collaborative ability.
- Excellent laboratory, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Additional experiences that are desired, but not mandatory:
- Bacterial fermentation at the bench or pilot scale.
- Computerized inventory control ERP systems (e.g. SAP)
- Computerized Compliance systems (e.g. EtQ Reliance)
- B.S. in biochemistry, protein biochemistry, biochemical engineering, or related field
No job matches. Start a new search below!