for the Security Agent - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Security Agent - InterContinental Los Angeles Downtown
Los Angeles - IHG
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team
- Perform daily inspections and ensure compliance of hotel security and safety requirements and procedures in order to protect hotel property, employees and guests against theft, crime, threats and safety hazards. This may include, but is not limited to: patrolling and inspecting with or without specialized equipment, assigned areas to include all access points and public accommodation spaces of the property including lobbies, elevator corridors, elevators, event spaces, meeting rooms, event space corridors, back of house corridors, stairwells and vestibules; monitoring surveillance cameras and checking areas for unauthorized persons or vehicles, coordinating the towing of vehicles, identifying unlocked doors and fire and safety hazards, and documentation of all actions
- Immediately responding to alarms to determine their cause; executing evacuation procedures in a prompt, safe, and coordinated fashion
- maintaining compliance with Safety & Security policies and procedures, auditing/department logs that may include lost and found, storing guests’ valuables, storing and issuing specialized equipment, key control, emergency procedures, health and safety hazard procedures for all employees and guests
- ensuring all guest room doors are secured and assist confirmed guests with room access and moving/removing guest possessions or inventory if required
- Inspecting purses, packages or bags of employees if designated by management and employees work identification and accuracy of employee time cards as they arrive/leave the property; completing administrative / staff work and/or similar assignments, conducting research, administering processes and procedures as directed, demonstrating initiative to immediately identify operational needs of the Safety & Security Department, preparing comprehensive administrative reports for internal use, preparing electronic and print presentation material for training, facilitating training, keeping roll for training, maintaining internal training logs, sending electronic correspondence to internal/external customers, tracking visitors & contractors· Record necessary and pertinent information in Hotel incident reporting database; provide information to police and fire agencies involving investigations and to Corporate Legal department, Corporate Claims Management department, insurance agencies and outside attorneys to assist in case evaluation, settlement or defense involving lawsuits against the Company
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include all hotel staff, Corporate Hotel Management Group and Corporate Risk Management and Legal department
- Assist in training/educating employees on current safety and security issues to ensure compliance with all Company loss control policies and current security, and safety regulations. Inform management of hazardous situations, emergencies or threats to the security of guests, employees or hotel assets. Schedule preventative maintenance and repairs to security equipment or hotel property as needed and ensure that equipment is prepared and operational for the following day’s work.
Investigate loss and safety incidents involving guests, employees and/or hotel loss and safety exposure and comply with state and government regulations and hotel procedures to prevent/minimize the loss from theft and other safety risk or litigation against the hotel. Such investigations may include, but are not limited to theft or lost items, noise complaints, assault complaints, food related illness complaints, intoxication incidents, other guest complaints, and guest or employee injuries. May have to administer CPR on guest or staff member in accordance to guidelines and communicate specified information to EMS/medical personnel as required. Prepare comprehensive and error free reports in accordance to Company and hotel policies and procedures
Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest related incidents, questions, complaints and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
Perform other duties as assigned; such as may handle deliveries received during non-business hours
No job matches. Start a new search below!