for the Compliance and Regulatory Specialist position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Compliance and Regulatory Specialist
Sacramento - Blue Diamond Growers
In 1910 a cooperative of 230 California almond growers formed with the following core values:?
- To build strong relationships among growers and with their customers;
- To communicate directly and honestly.
- To work as a team to realize the best return on their investment.
More than a century later, Blue Diamond Growers still adheres to these values at every level of our operation. Our employees are strongly committed to the brand and to each other - the word "family" is often used to describe our culture.
Today, Blue Diamond Growers represents more than 3,000 almond growers in California - the state that provides over 80% of the world's supply. We are one of the most recognized food brands in the world, with annual sales exceeding $1billion.
We believe in transparency and honest communication. Our work style is team-based, working together to innovate, process, and distribute the best almond products to the world.
After more than 100 years, our core values of integrity, partnership, innovation and quality remain strong. Our commitment to excellence has driven Blue Diamond's unprecedented growth, innovation, high quality, and value.
You'll find these values at work throughout our company. We strive for a diverse workforce, always aiming for greater levels of inclusion. In addition to a robust benefits package, we offer an employee wellness and fitness program, in which a majority of our workforce currently participates.
?Blue Diamond Growers (BDG)? ?is seeking an experienced Compliance and Regulatory Specialist to join our team.
Provides knowledge and expertise in managing and developing processes for Blue Diamond Growers’ Food Safety Plan and its regulatory compliance. Oversees the Corrective and Preventive Action Program. Engages in regulatory, internal and customer audits. Leads food safety and regulatory compliance efforts for Blue Diamond processing facilities and warehouses.
- Maintains, implements, verifies and validates of the Company’s Food Safety Plan to ensure compliance to the Food Safety Modernization Act’s regulations applicable to food manufacturers; partners with Preventive Controls Qualified Individuals.
- Leads the Company’s Corrective and Preventive Action Program; conducts root cause investigation, corrective/preventive action implementation and verification of the implemented action(s).
- Provides routine reports on the status of the Program.
- Participates in company-wide regulatory, third-party and customer audits designated for the evaluation of Blue Diamond’s Preventive Controls, Food Safety, Food Security and Food Quality systems.
- Trains Company personnel and contract staff in Preventive Controls, HACCP, Food Safety, Food Security, Food Quality and Allergen Control.
- Serves as a technical resource on Production Improvement Teams; collaborates with other departments (Production, Sales, Sanitation, Planning and Scheduling) to promote food safety and quality standards.
- Engages in the Company’s pasteurization program to ensure adherence to the Almond Industry Pasteurization Rule; provides support to pasteurization validation studies.
- Implements, maintains, verifies and validates the Company’s SQF System ( HACCP, Food Safety, Food Security and Food Quality programs).
- Functions as a SQF Practitioner.
- Conducts validation studies on past CCPs steps; maintains an understanding of TERP.
- Organizes and maintains quality department files.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Minimum level of education required
- Bachelor's Degree
Minimum number of year(s) of experience required in addition to education plus type(s) of functional experience
- 3 years of food safety, quality assurance, or production/operations compliance/regulatory, experience in a production/operations environment.
Other required type(s) of functional experience (e.g. Production/Operations, Accounting, Forklift Operator, Inventory Control, etc.)
- Experience working with regulators and participating in production facility audits.
- Intermediate to expert level of math and computer (MS Office) skills.
- Experience presenting concepts and ideas to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience defining problems, apply solutions and verify the effectiveness of the solutions at preventing reoccurrence of the problems.
- Skilled in interpreting data to ensure that the Food Safety and Food Quality expectations are being accomplished according to established procedures.
Total minimum number of years of experience required in lieu of degree (if applicable)
- 7 years of food safety, quality assurance, or production/operations compliance/regulatory, experience in a production/operations environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES (Specialized education, specific software experience, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science.
- BDG experience in Operations or Quality Assurance.
?Grow your career. Partner with us. We Are the Almond People!
?Blue Diamond Growers is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer
No job matches. Start a new search below!