for the Director of Project Management position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Director of Project Management
San Diego - Intertek
Job Title: Director of Project Management
Job Location: San Diego, California
Intertek Pharmaceutical Services is a Contract Research Organization (CRO) offering Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) services for bioanalysis of both large and small molecule drugs with expertise in Immunoassay and LC-MS/MS, supporting toxicokinetic (TK) / pharmacokinetic (PK), immunogenicity and biomarker studies. Our laboratory is located in San Diego, California in a facility spanning 46,000 square feet of laboratory, office and sample storage space streamlined to support preclinical and clinical bioanalysis.
This position is responsible for performing all assigned and routine document related tasks in accordance with Intertek SOPs and relevant regulatory requirements to include Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
• In collaboration with the Scientific Director, Director of Bioanalysis, and the Director of QA, provide ‘dotted line' leadership direction to Principal Investigators or key operational staff to ensure project delivery is meeting project commitment in timeline, quality, and regulatory compliance.
• Partner with key stakeholders in operations and the Vice President of Pharmaceuticals to ensure adequate operational resources in support of the project delivery.
• Ensure effective teamwork across project team members both internally (ensure sufficient resources dedicated to project) and with external ancillary services (Accessioning, QC, QA, IT, etc.).
• Lead a team of Account Managers, including assigning and overseeing work, training and development, recruiting, approving time and expenses, performance management, etc.
• Interact with Business Development, Client Service Managers (CSM), and key stakeholders of laboratory operations to provide forecast of project timeline and resource planning. Collaborate with stakeholders of operations, business development, and VP of Pharmaceuticals to ensure the accuracy and competitiveness of pricing structure used by the CSM team.
• Responsible for accuracy of the Work In Progress (WIP), that all the work is scheduled within the month, and the WIP is up to budget.
• Ensure accuracy of the Quote Tracker (QT) and that the Account Managers follow up on and manage existing unsigned quotes.
• Work with Account Managers and local accounting operations on successfully managing bad debt collection.
• Maintain oversight to ensure accuracy of project invoicing. Coordinate between Principal Investigators and the finance department to approve all nominations and invoices.
• Coordinate with finance department for issues related to invoicing, billing, and missing information.
• Ensure that all independent periodic management reports are prepared and sent to the appropriate group or person (e.g. monthly reports, project milestones).
• Interact with the Vice President of Pharmaceuticals on the revenue, budget, and quotes/proposal.
• In collaboration with key stakeholders, initiate and implement process improvement on project management to support project delivery in meeting client project commitment and operational excellence.
Client Service Management:
• Lead a team of Client Service Managers, including assigning and overseeing work, training and development, recruiting, approving time and expenses, performance management, etc.
• Participate in routine client meetings and demonstrate detailed understanding of all the ongoing projects and report progress.
• Interact with Scientific Director, Director of Bioanalysis, Business Development, and VP of Pharmaceuticals to provide scientific and technical guidance to client in development of project proposal and study management.
• Interact with the Laboratory Directors, Operations Manager, Study Directors/Principal Investigators, other functional team leaders, and the Vice President of Pharmaceuticals with regular updates on client issues, concerns, and potential in delays with projects.
• Effectively manage communication with clients, and proactively assess appropriate time to escalate issues to management team based on constant engagement with lab and client.
• In collaboration with key stakeholders, initiate and implement process improvement on client services to foster client relationship and project delivery.
• Bachelor's Degree (BS) in pharmaceutical/life sciences or related discipline required. Education, training, and qualification in project management are highly preferred.
• 8-10 years of relevant experience in the contract research and pharmaceutical industry. Advanced education in the direct subject areas may qualify with less tenure of direct experience in the pharmaceutical and/or CRO industries.
• 5-7 years of supervisory experience desired.
• 3-5 years of experience in bioanalytical project management: managing multiple projects under strict timelines, experience in revenue tracking, great interpersonal skills that allow solid relationships with both internal and external customers. Highly experienced in immunoassay development and validation.
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
No job matches. Start a new search below!