for the Editorial Assistant position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Burlington - Ascend Learning, Inc.
Ascend Learning; LLC () is a leading provider of technology-based educational, curriculum and assessment solutions for high-growth careers in a range of industries, including healthcare, fitness and wellness, and insurance and financial services. We provide outcomes-based solutions aimed at helping people enter, sustain and succeed in their chosen fields. Ascend employs more than 1,000 employees, with headquarters in Burlington, Mass., and offices in Kansas City metro, Phoenix metro, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Walnut Creek, California, Ann Arbor, Michigan, and the U.K.
Jones & Bartlett Learning, a division of Ascend Learning, is a world-leading provider of instructional, assessment and learning-performance management solutions for the secondary, post-secondary, and professional markets.
Jones & Bartlett is searching for an Editorial Assistant in our Burlington (Boston), MA headquarters. We seek an organized, energetic individual interested in higher education publishing. This Editorial Assistant position is in our growing, collaborative Academic and Professional group and includes direct involvement with authors, manuscript acquisitions and production processes for print and digital academic publishing, as well as exposure to overall publishing business practices, methodologies and procedures.
- Under minimal supervision, organize and implement proposal and manuscript review processes: contact, schedule and follow-up with reviewers, synthesize and distribute reviews.
- Interact with authors during the manuscript development process to ensure adherence to contract and guidelines regarding formatting, art, and copyright requirements.
- Track development and scheduling of manuscripts and ancillaries.
- Assist in preparation of manuscripts for production, ensuring all elements are present and acceptable for launch.
- Perform and manage projects such as market research surveys, database management, monthly reports, electronic resource development, etc.
- Proactively engage others inside and outside the company such as editors, authors, and marketing, to complete projects on established timelines as necessary.
- Assist in the development of ancillary materials, such as websites and instructor resources based on main text.
- Communicate effectively with authors as well as other members of the editorial, production, marketing, sales, and technology teams.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite
- Previous experience working in an office environment
- Experience in print and/or digital book publishing preferred
- Familiarity with Filemaker or other database software preferred
- Experience developing academic and/or healthcare related content preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to track multiple projects simultaneously and provide clear and consistent status reports to key stakeholders
- Professional attributes including enthusiasm, attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects and tasks, with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to communicate complex information concisely and professionally
- Willingness to perform administrative tasks and also to contribute to strategic planning and decision-making at a high level
No job matches. Start a new search below!