for the Medical Assistant position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Fountain Valley - Memorial Health Services
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. MemorialCare stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers and physician groups, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
Specific Job Responsibilities: It is the duty of all employees to understand and perform their job tasks to the highest level at all times.
- Room patients, take and document vital signs, and assist provider with medical exam. Evaluate patients for immediate medical need and report to provider.
- Perform accurate charting, assessments, and intervention and follow-up per scope of practice.
- Collaborates with the Medical Provider and TAN regarding phone messages, pharmacy refills and ancillary test results in a timely manner.
- Maintains current knowledge and capability to perform all company clinical procedures and equipment maintenance (i.e. EKG, audiometry).
- Performs procedures and administers medications per provider order. Displays initiative to accomplish objective.
- Responds to and actively participates in all clinical emergencies and maintenance of emergency equipment.
- Assist nursing department in procedures, tasks and duties specific to the job role of the medical assistant scope of practice.
- Adhere to infection control, universal precautions, and use of personal protective equipment as needed for all patient care procedures, maintenance of equipment, and disposal of waste.
- Access and interpret needed information from MSDS on-line in a prompt manner.
- Maintains optimum patient confidentiality and safety.
- Assist with scheduling of appointments as required for inside or outside health care providers, including hospital/out-patient surgeries.
- Attends and participates in all mandatory nursing/administrative department meetings/in-services.
- Perform any additional/miscellaneous duties (not inclusive of job description) as requested by the management team within the scope of knowledge/ability.
Qualifications/Skills: Qualified candidate must excel in interpersonal communication and customer service and be able to work both independently and as part of a team. Candidate must also excel in organization and attention to details and follow through. Additionally, they must have the ability to problem solve to logical conclusion and demonstrate initiative and responsibility. Must be able to effectively and clearly communicate (written and verbal).
Experience: Prior experience in an ambulatory care environment.
Education: Minimum high school graduate or equivalent. Certificate from an accredited Medical Assisting program. CPR for healthcare provider card.
MemorialCare Medical Group is a physician-based organization established to provide advanced comprehensive, effective and efficient health care. With over 30 locations from Long Beach to Dana Point, MemorialCare Medical Group includes more than 250 physicians in the areas of internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, geriatric medicine, cardiology, cardio thoracic surgery, gastroenterology, neurology, pulmonology, psychiatry, psychology, rheumatology, sleep medicine and therapeutic acupuncture.
In addition to multiple locations throughout Orange County, MemorialCare Medical Group offers Urgent Care Centers that are open 365 days-a-year, Telephone Advice Nurses available 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week; and lab and digital X-ray services available on-site at most locations.
No job matches. Start a new search below!