for the Rad Tech Per Diem position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Rad Tech Per Diem
Fountain Valley - Memorial Health Services
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary healthcare to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. MemorialCare stands for excellence in Healthcare. Across our family of medical centers and physician groups, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
Specific job responsibilities:
- Select correct exposure factors based on established procedures to produce good quality diagnostic images.
- Display knowledge of and follow standards for radiation protection, utilization of lead shields appropriately.
- Knowledge and consistent use of permanent film identification devices.
- Critique film quality and adjust technical factors to improve image quality. Ensure proper use of lead markers, proper film exposure, and proper positioning.
- Determine film quality affected by non-technical factors (i.e. Processor, darkroom artifacts, inherent film defects, etc.).
- Maintain basic knowledge of Processor Mechanics and follow established posted procedures for operating.
- Use equipment according to manufacturer specifications and established department policies and procedures.
- Promptly report any equipment deficiencies/malfunctions to Team leader and/ or supervisor.
- Maintain exam room cleanliness, stock supplies, and ensure room readiness for all exams and patients.
- Follow procedure manual for radiological examinations providing acceptable views for diagnostic interpretation based on requested exam. Utilize positioning books supplied by company when not able to produce routine Radiologic views.
- Maintain current knowledge of signed consent requirements and ensure a signed consent is completed when appropriate. Process appropriate paperwork for examinations.
- Maintain current license including obtaining CEU's to meet licensure renewal requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge of computer systems including scheduling functions, check in process, using proper registration protocols with all new patients, existing patient data and proper visit types and times.
- Knowledge of and completion of all exams with the billing process as required.
- Have knowledge of film management system for all locations. Knowledge of report management which may include scanning into EMR/ICS and tasking radiology reports to providers.
- Perform any additional/miscellaneous duties (not inclusive of job description) as requested by the management team within the scope of knowledge/ability.
Qualfications/Skills: Must have a current California CRT license and CPR for healthcare provider card. Additional licenses recommended: A.R.R.T. Mammography, Fluoroscopy, and Dexa experience a plus. Qualified candidate must excel in interpersonal communication and customer service and be able to work both independently and as part of a team. They must excel in organization and attention to details and follow through. Additionally, they must have the ability to problem solve to logical conclusion and demonstrate initiative and responsibility. Must be able to effectively and clearly communicate (written and verbal.)
Experience: One year of experience in a clinical/hospital setting, OB office preferred.
Education: High school graduate or equivalent. Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
MemorialCare Medical Group is a physician-based organization established to provide advanced comprehensive, effective and efficient health care. With over 30 locations from Long Beach to Dana Point, MemorialCare Medical Group includes more than 250 physicians in the areas of internal medicine, family medicine, pediatrics, geriatric medicine, cardiology, cardio thoracic surgery, gastroenterology, neurology, pulmonology, psychiatry, psychology, rheumatology, sleep medicine and therapeutic acupuncture.
In addition to multiple locations throughout Orange County, MemorialCare Medical Group offers Urgent Care Centers that are open 365 days-a-year, Telephone Advice Nurses available 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week; and lab and digital X-ray services available on-site at most locations.
No job matches. Start a new search below!