for the Clin Coord, Quality Assurance - Quality Assurance (FT Days) position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Clin Coord, Quality Assurance - Quality Assurance (FT Days)
Long Beach - Long Beach Memorial Medical Group
At MemorialCare Health System, we believe in providing extraordinary health care to our communities and an exceptional working environment for our employees. Memorial Care stands for excellence in Health Care. Across our family of medical centers, we support each one of our bright, talented employees in reaching the highest levels of professional development, contribution, collaboration and accountability. Whatever your role and whatever expertise you bring, we are dedicated to helping you achieve your full potential in an environment of respect, innovation and teamwork.
- Develops a plan and coordinates ongoing data collection for the measurement, assessment, and improvement of outcomes. Reviews, coordinates, and authors/create reports as necessary to ensure appropriate communication and reporting of performance improvement and quality control activities throughout the Medical Center. Maintains comprehensive clinical knowledge of specified patient population.
- Performs data management activities and documentation. Performs analytic functions where judgment is required. Assures data integrity by maintaining sound knowledge of data elements and their definitions and specifications. Assists directors, managers, and physicians who are leading performance improvement teams.
- Maintains comprehensive knowledge of clinical data acquisition methodologies, data correction methodologies, and data entry methodologies for assigned measures and data bases. Attends and participates in department education and training in-services.
- Provides leadership and participates in various Quality Council level meetings. Act as a consultant to hospital staff, physician, and hospital leadership related to measure definitions, inclusion/exclusion criteria, documentation requirements, etc., providing education as needed, including timely updates when definitions and guidelines are changed.
- Promotes the Performance Improvement model with Hospital Departments and Care-Line Teams for both strategic and specific PI projects. Provides ongoing education and training services throughout medical center including but not limited to prioritization, facilitation, and communication of performance improvement projects. Identifies areas for improvement and recommends/facilitates action plans to improve performance.
- Responsible for timely data retrieval, data entry, and data submission taking into consideration internal and external reporting requirements.
- Identifies critical information that could be evaluated and used during the reappointment process of the medical staff. Recognizes variance as an opportunity for improvement. Assists with ongoing survey preparedness and continuous readiness. Ensures and promotes regulatory compliance through survey readiness activities and storyboard identification and preparation.
- Conducts ongoing survey of departments assigned related to compliance with Joint Commission, CMS Conditions of Participation, Title 22,etc. Completes a report of survey findings and reports back to department leadership.
- Consistently applies infection control policies/procedures.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all aspects of performance. Protects confidentiality of medical record during any review process. Collection and utilization of physician specific patient care information for internal quality improvement use only. Blinds physician specific information for broad internal or any external presentations. Maintains confidentiality of discussions occurring at medical staff committee meetings. Secures any necessary consents for release of information as indicated by Medical Executive Committee (MEC).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No job matches. Start a new search below!