for the Technology eDiscovery Senior Consultant position
Sign in with your FlashRecruit credentials
Technology eDiscovery Senior Consultant
Washington - FTI
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
FTI Consulting, Inc. is a global business advisory firm dedicated to helping organizations protect and enhance enterprise value in an increasingly complex legal, regulatory and economic environment. With more than 4,400 employees located in 26 countries, FTI Consulting professionals work closely with clients to anticipate, illuminate and overcome complex business challenges in areas such as investigations, litigation, mergers and acquisitions, regulatory issues, reputation management, strategic communications and restructuring. Our professionals are some of the most experienced leaders in their fields including: certified turnaround professionals, forensic accountants, corporate investigation specialists, intellectual property specialists, former political leaders, former chief executives, Nobel Laureate economists, banking and securities professionals, certified public accountants, e-discovery professionals, corporate, financial and crisis communications specialists, chartered financial analysts and industry experts. Since our founding in 1982, clients have turned to us for high-stakes issues that require specialized expertise. FTI Consulting was engaged to work on some of the biggest news stories of the last two decades including the Bernie Madoff investment securities scandal, the Stanford Financial Group investigation, the 2010 Gulf oil spill crisis, the Major League Baseball steroid investigation, and high profile corporate restructurings including Lehman Brothers, General Motors and CIT, just to name a few.
FTI Consulting continually strives to offer employees and eligible dependents, including domestic partners and eligible domestic partner children, a competitive and comprehensive benefits package. Please click here for more information.
FTI Consulting does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. FTI Consulting will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
FTI Consulting is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Our Technology practice helps clients manage the risk and cost of e-discovery. From forensic data collection to fully managed document review services we collaborate with our clients to deliver strategic solutions tailored to their unique legal requirements. With keen focus on the productivity and defensibility of document review, clients rely on our comprehensive portfolio of software, services expertise and to address matters ranging from internal investigations to large-scale litigation with global e-discovery requirements.
If you are interested in becoming part of a fast growing company and helping shape its future, read on.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
This Senior Consultant position is within FTI Consulting's Technology practice. As part of the team, the Consultant will be cross-trained in Document Review Consulting, Document Review Project Management and Computer Forensics, and will assist on all phases of e-discovery projects.
This is an ideal opportunity for someone who:
- Learns well on the fly - while we do have training materials and sessions, the majority of learning occurs on the job from your colleagues as you contribute to a project.
- Is technically minded - all our work requires thinking in a logical, mathematical way about processes and sets of data.
- Works flexibly with a variety of team members - we work on a variety of projects at the same time, each of which can be staffed differently.
- Is eager and excited to learn - a positive, open-minded attitude will ensure quality work and bodes well for long-term career development.
- Works hard - while we do innovate, everyone has regular assigned tasks that are part of the overall workflow and on which high quality client service depends.
- Enjoys solving the impossible - we often receive requests that require us to consider difficult questions and develop new processes.
- Has the ability to travel when requested. Average travel is less than 20%.
- Responsible for day to day activities of projects including interaction with other consultants, supervisors, and client personnel
- Apply analytical skills and leverage existing methodologies to various client situations and practice disciplines and create novel, customized solutions to meet shifting client needs
- Utilize logical reasoning skills to provide complete client service
- Work to ensure a quality product and delivery of all work within established timeframes
- Introduce additional FTI services to clients as needs dictate
- Provide superior client service in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Maintain professional image within the firm and project same to those outside the firm
- BS or BA college degree required
- 3 years of legal, electronic discovery, document review or consulting experience
- 3 years supporting document review management applications such as Ringtail or Relativity, preferably in document-intensive cases
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office and other similar software, especially Microsoft Excel; familiarity with Microsoft Access is a plus
- Excellent communication and client interface skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrable outstanding client service in demanding, deadline-driven situations
- Ability to work independently in fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Ability to think clearly under pressure
- Strong logical reasoning skills
- Proven ability to conduct training in a professional environment
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No job matches. Start a new search below!