General Anesthesiologist position-Rochester, NY area
Rochester area, NY - KTE Services
An anesthesia group in Upstate New York near Rochester has a fee for service opportunity for a General Anesthesiologist.
• Cases performed at the facility are thoracic, vascular, OB, peds, neuro and outpatient cases. There are no hearts or trauma.
• Overnight call is 1/month, with 6 weekends per year (opportunity to trade more or less is mainly on the weekends--income is production-based, not call-based). Typical week is about 50-60 hours. Trades for early days/later days are definitely possible and common.
• 100% own cases. No supervision.
• Compensation is based on clinical productivity, and has two components: Base salary and variable productivity-based incentive pay. Base salary is set based on FTE and call packages assigned. Base salary is associated with a targeted level of productivity measured in ASA units. Salary can range from $320,000 to greater than $500,000. Incentive pay will be based on units generated in excess of targeted units. Malpractice will be provided if needed.
• Vacation and holiday call are distributed equitably by lottery. Late days and early days are distributed evenly. Can take as little as zero weeks off and as much as the schedule can tolerate, although the average is about 6-9 weeks off.
The Rochester area features excellent public and private schools and a variety of housing options. Rochester has an airport that gives you easy access to any metropolitan city.
• Candidate must be Board Eligible (within 2 years of residency) or Board Certified.
• New York license is a plus but not necessary to apply.
• Residents welcome.