Mechanical Test Engineer
San Diego, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Test Engineer to assist in planning and executing testing at various site locations. This position will interact with technical staff and report to test and department managers. The tests that the individual will be required to support range from production and factory acceptance tests, system and component level requirements verification tests combined with operational tests, lifecycle tests, environmental MIL-STD 810 (incl. shock MIL-S-901D & vibe MIL-STD-167-1A) and electromagnetic interference tests (MIL-STD 461E/F).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development of concepts and plans for test programs.
- Create and update test procedures and direct sub-contractors in design and execution of various tests on high power system electronics.
- Help translate product requirements into verification tests instructions.
- Lead efforts to install and set-up instrumentation at the sites to log data and execute the tests as directed by the Test Manager.
- Take a lead role when executing component, subsystem and system test operations.
- Lead troubleshooting of test issues as needed and interpret collected data for preparation and creation of test reports.
- The individual will work closely with the customer and subcontractors at the test site to execute the test and will play a lead role in statusing the test progress.
- Be able to prepare for and present at test readiness reviews to GA staff and the customer as required by program and test management
- Participate in establishing design concepts, criteria and engineering efforts for testing while working closely with the design engineering organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Typically requires a bachelors degree, masters degree or PhD in engineering or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and progressive engineering experience as follows; twelve or more years of experience with a bachelors degree, ten or more years of experience with a masters degree, or seven or more years with a PhD. May substitute equivalent engineering experience in lieu of education.
- Prefer Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degrees to support environmental MIL-STD 810 (incl. shock MIL-S-901D & vibe MIL-STD-167-1A) and electromagnetic interference tests (MIL-STD 461E/F).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance is required.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings of systems and sub-systems.
- Demonstrated experience with environmental MIL-STD 810, shock MIL-S-901D and vibe MIL-STD-167-1A is desired.
- Must have a thorough understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts.
- Must possess the ability to develop and communicate new concepts; apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Must have strong communication, documentation, presentation, and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas; capable of representing the organization as a prime technical contact and, provide direction to a team of moderately experienced professional employees.
- Good computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) are required.
- Must be able to work extended hours and travel as needed. Some travel to the test sites located in, but not limited to, New Jersey, Southern California, Virginia and Mississippi is also required.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/293326