Nuclear Quality Engineer
San Diego, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The Nuclear Quality Engineer provides expertise in planning, executing and evaluating complicated commercial grade surveys and quality system audits of nuclear suppliers and internal audits of nuclear processes in accordance with 10CFR50 Appendix B. May perform Quality Management System audits in accordance with ISO 9001:2008. Provides expertise and guidance in interpreting quality standards and government regulations. Works on highly complex and diverse problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variance factors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs commercial grade surveys, nuclear supplier audits, and internal company nuclear audits for deficiency identification and correction.
- Resolves, communicates and tracks non-conformance and corrective action reports.
- Leads resolution to complex and diverse problems by providing guidance and direction to quality engineering and technical staff.
- Conducts nuclear supplier qualification examinations.
- Determines technical objectives for quality assurance and leads approaches to achieving objectives.
- May prepare statistical analysis reports, specifications and other technical documents.
- Interprets and adapts quality standards and government regulations.
- Acts as company contact with suppliers, customers and regulatory personnel to resolve quality issues.
- Delivers technical presentations.
- Provides project direction and leadership to other staff members.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Performs additional duties as assigned or required.
- We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor's or master's degree in engineering or related discipline and eight or more years of related experience with a bachelor's degree or six or more years with a master's degree. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must have a demonstrated professional background with advanced specialist knowledge and expertise in more than one technical area.
- Must have authoritative knowledge of concepts, principles and methods in fields of specialization along with superior creative ability and exceptional knowledge of quality principles and practices, manufacturing operations, and industrial and regulatory codes.
- Must be able to work independently to develop and implement operational programs. Assignments are self-initiated. Work is reviewed for effectiveness in obtaining long-term objectives. Decisions or recommendations may affect the organization's reputation.
- Able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/293331