Supervising Electrical Engineer
Monterey Park, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Responsible for design supervision, quality control, manpower assignment and staff development.
- Assign work to staff according to their experience and capabilities.
- Review drawings to insure compliance with quality standards.
- Supervise staff in their performance of design work.
- Train staff and provide guidance for their professional development.
- Maintain and oversee design progress in reference to set project schedules. Assign additional manpower to project as needed.
- Proofread and check all discipline design work and drawing set up (logos, line types, title block info) prior to each issuance.
- Conduct review meetings to check drawing quality, compliance to design objectives and identify design conflicts and coordination issues.
- Resolve schedule conflicts with project manager.
- Monitor and evaluate performance of staff.
- Facilitate and promote teamwork.
- Proactively communicate with Principal on all production, performance, and personnel issues.
- Attend project design kickoff and other coordination meetings as necessary.
- Guide Designer/Engineer with design and planning of major system components (Main Service Sizing, Electrical Single line, Generators, Chiller/Boiler plant, Main air systems, System Selection, Booster pumps, Fire Pumps.)
- Assist review of project submittals to determine compliance with client objectives and project scope as necessary.
- Assist in reviewing and answering RFIs as necessary.
- Create project specifications when needed.
- Assist Project Manager to plan and orchestrate in house coordination sessions/meetings between all engineering disciplines.
- Arrange and attend meetings with utility companies.
- Arrange technical support meetings involving equipment/technology vendors, if necessary.
- Supervising experience, 5+ yrs; technical experience 15+ yrs.
- BS mechanical or electrical engineering.
- PE licensed.
- Written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrated technical ability to prepare reports, specifications, and drawings
- for different project types.
- Demonstrated people management ability to develop staff to reach their
- Problem solver.
- Ability to identify and avoid problems in the early design stages.
- Ability to coordinate with other disciplines, internally and externally.
- Ability to resolve field conflicts and handle the contractors.