Technical Project Manager #7869245
San Mateo, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Technical Project Manager- R&D
Primary responsibility of the Technical Project Manager R&D is to partner with various R&D engineering teams to successfully project manage and support various technical R&D projects (hardware and software) as per the agreed scope/cost/time, collaborating with stakeholders in Japan, U.K and US.
-The ideal candidate is detail oriented, has excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills, having strong technical background, with deep experience in successful deliveries of multiple concurrent hardware & software projects using both waterfall and agile methodologies.
-Will be focusing on meeting project commitments by exchanging information, ensuring communications with sponsors and stakeholders, vendors. Spends significant time on tracking activity and tasks, working cross-functionally as a communications specialist and a conflict arbitrator.
Principle Duties / Responsibilities:
-Managing R&D Projects in cutting edge technologies, collaborating with Project leads, to deliver them in committed time, agreed scope and required quality.
-PM support of R&D engineering managers and Projects in terms of project planning/scheduling, task tracking and follow up as needed, managing internal teams across sites & managing multiple vendors
-Setting up & maintaining tools for project tracking and ensuring effective project document management
-Setting up and conducting meetings with stakeholders, teams, vendors as needed
-Managing the communication, activity and tasks between team members in U.S., U.K and Japan.
-Working with Engineering manager to set up/maintain/improve vendor/project delivery process
-Proactively identifying risks in any projects and working with other members for solutions.
-Preparing presentations, project documentation and reports
Required Knowledge / Skills:
-Experienced in being hands-on in delivering multiple research & development projects, involving teams across geographies, managing multiple vendors acting as a program manager
-Having experience in both waterfall and agile methodologies
-Having delivered Hardware and Software related projects, identifying and managing dependencies.
- Proficient in developing and managing project schedules, tasks and open issues
- Establishing and updating schedules as needed
- Defining and assigning tasks along with due dates
- Stimulating team to identify issues, risks and also corresponding action/mitigation plans
- Following up on action items and tasks to make sure they get completed on time
- Addressing administrative, project-related tasks
- Experience in managing Projects delivering innovative R&D ideas from prototype to commercial products highly desirable
- Skilled in helping Engineering managers /teams to define scope & requirements, out of unclear situations as well as helping in creating a release cadence
- Experience in project management tools like MS Project , JIRA
- Experienced in managing projects, through the life cycle of prototyping/ requirements/ development/ QA/ staging/ production environments delivering client/server based systems
- Must be able to communicate effectively (both written and verbal) having ability to understand & manage cultural sensitivities in among U.S. and Japan working environments.
- Must be able to communicate with a wide variety of audiences ranging in skill set (highly technical to non-technical) and experience (individual contributors to executive management), cross-organizationally and with external partners.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment and build strong working relationships with internal partners.
- Motivated, organized self-starter with excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Able to understand workflows and identify process improvements
Required Experience / Education:
- Typically requires 7+ years of related experience
- 5+ years of Agile/Scrum, Hardware/Waterfall development experience
- At least 5 years of relevant work-related software development experience in related industries such as gaming, consumer electronics, and embedded software platform and application development
- Experience in delivering projects in latest technologies like Sensing, AI, Analytics/Big Data a plus.
- Experience of having collaborated with Japan stakeholders – Highly Desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering.
- PMP, CSM, etc. certifications a plus
- Understanding of and experience with SAFe is a plus
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/295941