Network Operations Engineer
Denver, Colorado - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
In this role you will be part of a hard charging, professional Network team tasked with designing, testing, implementing, operating, installing, troubleshooting, and continually optimizing our rapidly expanding worldwide network. You’ll get to install new network hardware and software to support our worldwide Earth Stations and Data Centers. Communications matters and you will have the opportunity to Interface with the NOC as well as the Engineering and IT departments to manage escalated incidents from the problem determination stage through resolution implementation. Come on board and use your detective skills to identify root causes for technical issues as well as develop Procedural/Technical recommendations for improvement. If you are a sleuth and problem solver then it’s time to join our Engineering Solutions Team! We need you to help us to enhance Security, Stability, Performance, and Capacity.
You will get to help train the future network engineers by sharing your wealth of knowledge, experience and expertise. Help shape the direction of the team by providing guidance the lower level engineers on the team. Help improve the performance of the network by providing your input into the operation and maintenance procedures used by those who touch the network.
- Bachelors of Science in technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years experience in Network Administration managing routers, switches, load balancers, cache servers, firewalls, traffic shapers, and dhcp servers
- 1+ years in an ISP or large data center environment
- 1+ years experience with Network Monitoring software
- 1+ years in a NOC environment or similar support center role
- Demonstrated scripting ability
- US citizenship preferred.
- Ability/willingness to support occasional travel (up to 25%) to gateways for network equipment installation and expansion.
- CCNP, JNCIS
- Experience with Juniper networks
- Strong understanding of Broadband networks
- Experience with cable modems
- Experience with Ansible
- Experience with Python
- Experience with continuous improvement programs
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/295976