Leave Administration & Worker's Compensation Specialist
Madison, NJ, United States - Adecco USA
Contract Length: 3 months
Pay Rate: $35-40/hr (DOE)
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert when partnering with key stakeholders (i.e. Manager, Legal, HR Business Partners, ) on the Leave of Absence process.
• Serve as point of contact to resolve escalated claims and inquiries that are not resolved by Third Party Providers. This includes clarifying policy and consulting with legal counsel, HR and management for leave of absence issues.
• Interprets and administers leave programs and policies in accordance with the applicable federal and state employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.). Ensures that the workers’ compensation program is managed in accordance with applicable OSHA and workers’ compensation laws.
• Provide guidance to managers and site’s HR regarding employees’ leave of absence status and expected return to work information. Liaise between vendors and managers to ensure that return-to-work, workplace accommodations, and job descriptions are facilitated quickly and accurately.
• Address and resolve issues concerning STD and LTD through disability plan provider. Discuss potential employee relations issues surrounding an associate’s leave with legal counsel, site’s HR and managers and recommends a course of action.
• Oversee and administer linkages to Human Resources Information System (Workday) , Payroll and other functions required for the management of leave programs, including timely entry of record changes into Workday.
• Complete state mandated LOA forms using Workday data (e.g., NJ Family Leave Insurance, CA disability, CA paid family leave)
• Ensure compliance and consistent implementation of return-to-work process throughout the organization. Provide interface between employees’ managers and medical case management to enable timely return to work schedules for employees.
• Continually evaluate processes for claims reporting and internal claims management to ensure efficiency and appropriate management of all leave claims. Propose program and policy changes to support integrated disability management activities. Assist with review and modification of policy.
• Liaise between vendors and managers to ensure that return-to-work, workplace accommodations, and job descriptions are facilitated quickly and accurately.
• Inform HR Business Partners, Managers, and have employee records updated in HRIS system ad LOA dates are amended and updated by vendor; keep them informed of status and handling of employees on unprotected LOA
• Run Workday monthly headcount reports necessary for Matrix Statutory Invoices creation
• Assist with various projects in the HR Operations & Benefits function as requested.
• Complete the necessary paperwork and coordinate with WC plan provider.
• Follow up with employee/manager for accident reports and respond to inquiries from clinics.
• Maintain partnerships with claims managers to ensure efficient and accurate administration and notification of WC.
• Maintain all files and records required for WC claims tracking.
• Provide WC claim updates to site EHS Manager and coordinate RTW dates for WC claims
• Minimum of 3-5 years of directly related experience in insurance, disability management, or health benefits.
• Must have experience with disability claim administration, claim processing, coordination with State Disability as well as LOA processes and procedures.
• High level of understanding of workers’ compensation and human resources laws, regulations, policies, procedures and practices in multiple states. • Requires a strong understanding of disability programs, return-to-work activities and applicable government regulations such as the ADA and FMLA. • Experience in counseling employees regarding benefits plans preferred. Experience with HRIS Payroll systems (Workday preferred) in the administration of employee benefit plans.
The below skills are attributes that may not be mandatory, but are definitely desired in the ideal candidate.
• Inclusive work style – advocate of working as a team player, not afraid to roll up sleeves
• Demonstrated experience in continuous process improvement mindset
• Can work independently and make level-appropriate decisions
• Experience partnering with HR services to address the needs of differing business units while considering alignment with company objectives
• Undergraduate degree within a relevant course of study