LanceSoft Inc, Atlanta GA
Title: Database Administrator
Location : Atlanta, GA
Job Description :
- Monitor Oracle databases to optimize performance, resource use, and physical implementations of databases; address a variety of database integration issues including migration between disparate databases, integration, maintenance/conversion, capacity planning to support applications.
- Maintain development, test, training and production Oracle Database environments.
- Monitor and maintain security in cooperation with data security administrators.
- Work with application programmers on the effective use of SQL, troubleshooting, exception processing and other data management issues.
- Work on complex tasks, projects, or support issues that involve a high level of risk, that impact performance of People Soft applications, or make use of the individual’s high level of knowledge within one or more areas of specialty.
- Assesses emerging technologies. Evaluate new products or tools for the organization and/or agencies. Assist in or review cost-benefit and risk analysis.
- Design innovative solutions using new technologies. Recommend short- term alternatives when appropriate.
- Troubleshoot existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies.
- Brainstorm possible solutions and evaluates alternatives against decision criteria.
- Be part of a team sharing the 24 hour on-call support
- Backup and restore databases as required using RMAN and other utilities.
- Provide support to a team during upgrades to People Soft Financials and HCM applications.
- 5+ years of DBA experience, of which at least 3 years as Oracle DBA.
- Must have managed Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) databases.
- 6+ years of IT experience preferably in a Sun Solaris, x86 Linux environments.
- Experience with Oracle DBMS Releases 11g, and 12c
- Experience in maintaining and developing UNIX Shell Scripts.
- Should have managed large databases (800 GB +)
- Experience with RMAN, Data Pump