Contract Supplier Quality Specialist needed in Houston, TX
The Supplier Quality Specialist will work closely with suppliers to drive improvement in Quality, productivity & ensure compliance with company standards. - Assist with resolve issues involving Suppliers/Vendors -Compile all metrics and related documentation to Suppliers/Vendors. -Assists in oversight of quality issues by tracking, trending & monitoring Suppliers/Vendors performances -Supports direction of Suppliers/Vendors to adhere to company quality policy and ensure the appropriate quality systems, including adequate training and procedures, are established and maintained. -Assist with investigation of material quality issues as they arise with Suppliers/Vendors and work with procurement groups to troubleshoot issues. -Plan and administer an overall audit schedule. -Problem resolution actions of technical/inspection issues. -Technically review all purchase orders on a daily basis to suppliers to ensure the order requirements are being fulfilled. -Create and maintain a database of all documentation related to suppliers (e.g. inspection reports) in order to support the material certification process. - Assist with daily functions and special requests for unique information, etc
Length of Contact: 6 months
Pay: $25/hr - $35/hr
Additional responsibilities include:
This position provides senior technical expertise and assists in reducing risk and maximizing the Total Cost of Ownership of an asset by ensuring that approved suppliers meet technical, quality and commercial requirements. This is accomplished by actively managing quality issues, performing supplier quality assessment and working with internal stakeholders
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise (Materials, Service, Commercial, Technical and Quality)
• Recommend and lead improvements to current Supplier Quality lifecycle working practices
• Liaise with technical quality teams when required to solve quality issues and receive input during supplier quality assessments
• Execute enterprise audit plan for supplier assessments
• Lead supplier pre-qualification and re-qualification supplier assessments and coordinate with technical quality teams
• Make recommendation for the approval of a supplier for listing within the EASL
• Supplier Quality representative for management and response of Non-Conformance Reports
• Supplier Quality representative for Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigations
• Provide education to internal and external business partners as required
• Review revisions to Engineering Specifications for commercial consideration
• Assist in the development, collation and analysis of Supplier Key Performance Indicators Scope/Dimensions:
This position reports to the Manager, Supplier Quality and provides Subject Matter Expertise in managing supplier non-conformance and performing supplier quality assessments making recommendation for supplier status in EASL Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities: Required: • University or Technical degree and 10+ years relevant experience
• Lead Quality assessor/auditor certification from a recognized institution
• Demonstrable understanding of various Quality Management Systems and regulatory standards (ISO 9001, ABSA, CSA, API)
• Ability to learn and understand complex technical concepts
• Excellent attention to detail, planning and organizational ability
• Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook and Visio)
• Demonstrates broad business and technical knowledge in resolving problems, project management, identifying opportunities and has a keen awareness of interrelationships with other stakeholders.
• Encourages collaboration, trust, and cooperation among work groups and within own work group.
• Integrates information from a variety of sources to evaluate alternatives and make effective decisions.
• Aligns initiatives with the strategic priorities of the broader organization.
• Provides accurate conclusions from financial and quantitative information.
• Generates innovative ideas and solutions to enhance business results.
• Displays a positive outlook and willingly deal with the stress and complexities of situations.
• Responds resourcefully when faced with new challenges and demands.
• Resolves problems and remove obstacles to consistently follow through on commitments. Modeling high levels of integrity and treating others fairly.
• Has Effective Communication and presentation skills; listen carefully to others, keeps others informed and convey facts and information clearly in written communications
• Meets or exceed goals, make difficult decisions, and act on opportunities that create value for the company.
• Demonstrates initiative to exceed stated job responsibilities, take informed risks, make principled decisions, and face high-stakes issues head on.
• Act’s safely and in accordance to Safe Work Procedures and Safety Policies.
• Reports incidents or hazards immediately and understands the impact of one’s role on Health, Safety, and Reliability.
• Be Willing to Adjust by staying focused despite interruptions, Recovers and learns from problems and setbacks, accepting and seeking feedback openly.
• Exhibits Enbridge’s Core and Leadership Competencies.
- Basic/Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor Degree (Supply Chain or related Degree)
- Willing to travel +25%
- Quality Management System experience, Supply Chain, Microsoft Excel, Office, Problem Resolution, Operations Management,
- 10+ years experience