Kelly Services is currently seeking a Senior Designer for our manufacturing client of access equipment, specialty vehicles and truck bodies for the primary markets of defense, concrete placement, refuse hauling, and fire & emergency located in Oshkosh, WI.
Job Title: Senior Designer
Location: Oshkosh, WI
Anticipated Start Date: Mid-February
Length: To be determined
Schedule: 40 hours/week, 8 hours/day
Pay Rate: Commensurate with experience
Design new, modified, or improved components and basic parts in accordance with engineering standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare design layouts, diagrams, bills of material, and drawings/schematics of components and assemblies with supporting calculations, i.e. weight, tolerancing, etc. in support of the overall vehicle design.
2. Create and revise drawings. Perform other engineering-related tasks as required i.e., analysis, bills of material creation, manufacturing support, layout work, and supplier contact.
3. Design vehicle components to meet customer requirements.
4. Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues and conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures.
5. Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues.
6. Select parts and/or design components for compliant and cost/quality-conscious design
7. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support.
8. Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way
9. Conduct duties consistent with the Company’s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures.
- Associate’s degree in Mechanical Design or equivalent experience
- 3-plus years related experience
- CATIA V5 assembly, sheet metal, and part design workbenches experience
- Experience with SmarTeam PDM software
- Experience with manufacturing processes such as fabricating, machining, and casting desired
If interested in the position please send a follow up email with your resume to [email protected] for further consideration.
Thank you and we look forward to working with you!