Process Tech II
Huntsville, AL - Randstad LifeSciences
Process Tech II
The contractor will be covering for a FTE's leave of absence. This position requires one to work the 6 AM to 6 PM shift for 3 weeks and then a rotation into the 6 PM to 6 AM shift for 3 weeks. These shifts alternate back and forth and the night shift is compensated with a 15% differential.
- Responsible for manufacturing and assembly of clinical and commercial products.
- Operates production equipment.
- Weighs, measures and checks raw materials to ensure batches manufactured contain proper ingredients and quantities.
- May help in validating processes and equipment that are directly related to filtration, cleaning and sterilization.
- Maintains records and clean room environment to comply with regulatory requirements, good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
- Works on projects that are moderately complex in nature.
- Exercises judgment in resolving problems and making some routine recommendations.
- Provide Lab Support for manufacturing suites.
- Learn how to run equipment, read and understand SOPs. Support processing by adhering to SOPs.
- Follow HazMat procedures, for movement of Raw Material used in chemical processes.
- Support investigations
- Review SOPs.
- Troubleshoot and offer ideas on improvements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education & Qualifications
- BS degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other science related program, or High School diploma (or equivalent) and minimum 2 years’ experience in a chemical processing area.
- Experience with Safety procedures.
- Solid written and oral communication skills.
- Ability work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience operating manufacturing or laboratory equipment is required.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude, attention to detail, ability to perform routine adjustments on standard manufacturing equipment is required.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint are required.
- Must be able to perform basic math skills (multiplication, division, ratios, and percentages).
- Must be familiar with the metric systems and conversion methods.
- Ability to multi-task, work in an organized manner, and possess trouble-shooting skills.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be detail oriented and able to follow written procedures.
- Employee may be required to perform tasks essential to the job function in areas that require the use of hearing protection devices.
- Performance of tasks essential to the job function may require the employee to work directly with, handle, or otherwise come in to contact with chemicals or pharmaceutical agents.
- Employees must be able to wear a respiratory protection (filtering face piece, full-face, or powered air purifying respirator, supplied air, or self-contained breathing apparatus) for certain tasks essential to the job function.
- Employees must be able to gain access to elevated work surfaces via vertical ladders or stairs to perform tasks essential to the job function.
- Employees must be able to accurately detect color and have 20/20 vision (with/without corrective lenses).
- Employees may be required to enroll in a medical surveillance program based on the potential exposure to certain health hazards encountered as a result of their job function.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401K Plan with Company Match
- Life and AD&D Insurance
Chat with me now! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/298674