Adecco is currently assisting a local client in their search to fill an exciting Proposal Writer Remote role! Apply now if you meet the qualifications listed below!
**Must be eligible to work for any employer in the U.S. without sponsorship / no corp to corp or 3rd party contracting arrangement / Adecco W2 only.***
POSITION: Proposal Writer
Pay Rate: 40.00 - 45.00$ an hour
Duration: 18 Months
Work Schedule: Schedule will be at the discretion of the candidate based on project fulfillment expectations set by management. Position will require 20-30 hrs/wk on average, but may allow up to 40 hrs/wk on occasion based on the needs of the business
The Proposal Writer supports unsolicited proposals as well as responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Request for Information (RFIs) and questionnaires (ICD-10, security and technical) under the direction of the Proposal Manager or Sr. Manager. The Proposal Writer manages multiple projects simultaneously in the following areas:
• Provide project management, writing and editing expertise while acting as the focal point for the sales representative and other field team members throughout the duration of an assigned response.
• Lead maintenance of database and maintains database content of one product line (in collaboration with other team members)
• Develop and update tools for field, including do-it-yourself price proposals and model RFPs
• Identify opportunities for improvement in team operations and output
• Provide oversight of, and quality check for, submissions requiring fulfillment support
The Proposal Writer works with many departments and levels across the organization to ensure appropriate proposal responses, e.g., product management, services, sales and account management for content and senior management to obtain sign-off.
1. Provide project management, writing and editing expertise while acting as the focal point for sales representatives and other field team members throughout the duration of an assigned response. – 50%
• Read and analyze proposal request
• Formulate project plan with clear expectations of proposal objectives and team member responsibilities (including responsibilities of others in the organization)
• Research prospect, opportunities, competitors, contracts and other information via the Internet
• Facilitate all communications, ensuring all deadlines and quality controls are met.
• Conduct first pass of each proposal using content database and past responses
o Strive for up to 80% of answers completed before calling on others within the organization
o Coordinate completion of required forms and collection of standard information (e.g., firm financial information) for inclusion in proposals
• Provide comprehensive writing & editing expertise to ensure accuracy and quality of response (e.g., edit final document, write executive summaries and responses to specific questions)
• Track issues/resolutions, analyze proposal inputs from team and work with production staff to manage/conduct final production/delivery.
• Ensure delivery and archiving of final proposal
• On most complex proposals, collaborate with senior writer or proposal manager as part of writing team.
2. Maintain database content (in collaboration with other team members) – 25%
• Load edited/new content related to product line assigned
• Attend product management and marketing sessions to learn about new enhancements and to ensure content accurately reflects new and coming software.
3. Update tools for field, including do-it-yourself proposals and model RFPs – 10%
• Stay abreast of developments for assigned products through engagement with Product Management, participation in regular training and reading product and marketing updates
• Update templates as needed to reflect product, message and branding updates
4. Provide oversight of, and quality check for, submissions requiring FedEx fulfillment support – 5%
• Complete fulfillment instructions
• Create binder covers, CD, etc.
• Check submission against instructions
5. Identify opportunities for improvement in team operations and output – 5%
• Manage post-delivery debrief when appropriate to collect lessons learned
• Share learnings from APMP conferences, cross-Change Healthcare Forum and trainings with team
• Proactively identify ways to improve proposal content (e.g., messaging)
• Proactively identify ways to make processes more efficient, reliable or automated
• Document and test team processes as assigned.
6. Participate in ad hoc projects in support of Proposal and Strategic Marketing objectives – 5%
• Participate in research projects
• Provide writing and editing help when needed across Marketing
• Work on short-term Marketing projects as assigned
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• Education: BS/BA degree in Marketing, Communications, or Liberal Arts preferred.
• 2 to 3 years of experience writing proposals for a healthcare and/or technology market, or related experience.
• RFP software experience, Qvidian preferred.
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools and content management software. Knowledge of any graphics software is a plus.
• Ability to manage projects independently with good judgment regarding when to ask for help
• Ability to network throughout matrixed organization to obtain answers to question
• Excellent communication skills (email and phone)
• Exceptional writing and editing skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization to ensure successful RFx response
• Must be detail-oriented and can multi-task
IMPORTANT: This position is being recruited for by Adecco’s National Recruitment Center, not your local Adecco Branch Office. To be considered for this position, you must use the “apply now” button to submit your resume. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position listed above. For other opportunities available at Adecco go to www.adeccousa.com.
The Adecco Group is a global leader in HR services. Our group connects over 700,000 associates with our business clients each day through our 6,600 offices in over 70 countries and territories around the world. We offer employment opportunities at any stage in your professional career. Contact us today to discuss available contract and direct hire positions. Adecco Group provides one of the most comprehensive benefits packages in the industry to contract workers to include Holiday, 401(k), Insurance Benefit Plans and Service/Anniversary Bonus opportunities.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled