Entry level Accountant
POSITION: Entry Level Accountant
LOCATION: Akron, OH (Zip 44308)
HOURS: M - F, 40 hrs/week
DURATION: 12+ months
PAY RATE: $18.38/hr
- Preparing monthly journal entries in the SAP ERP system
- Responsible for bank reconciliation process and general ledger account reconciliation
- Assisting in the preparation of FERC & other state regulatory agency reports
- Performing and providing ad-hoc support as necessary
- Understanding and articulating the General Accounting departments goals
- Extracting and manipulating data using query tools for various databases and systems
- Learning and exercising sound decision making and developing alternatives and recommendations to improve work processes
- Consistently anticipating and delivering against a defined action plan
- Conducting business-specific research, analyzing data, interpreting results, and assisting with implementation activities.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting is required.
Minimum 0-2 years professional work experience required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Word)
- Experience with SAP or other large ERP Systems preferred
- Demonstrate a questioning attitude, produce results and strengthen existing relationships
- Desire to learn, grow and work across FirstEnergy, and deliver results.
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Ability to deliver quality, accurate work within established deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management skills.