Ride Control Hardware Engineer - Sr.
Glendale, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/298904
The Ride Control Hardware Engineer is generally responsible for control system hardware engineering activities for ride systems, covering control system design and implementation, electrical controls integration into the overall ride system, and installation and commissioning.
Control system hardware includes electrical and electronic equipment, as well as cabling and wiring. Key Responsibilities: Work with a team of system engineers, software engineers, and mechanical engineers to define and develop a new ride system. Perform design of electrical and electronic systems for this ride system, ensuring operational performance, reliability, and safety. Perform engineering design and analysis for the ride control system, with a focus on ride system electrical/electronic systems.
• Design control & power architectures, control hardware, and man-machine interfaces for ride attractions, ride vehicles, and motion systems.
• Design, model, and analyze low voltage (less than 40v) electrical/electronic systems, including commercial and original motion control systems.
• Collaborate with facility designers, mechanical engineers, and software engineers to develop and document ride system designs.
• Research new products, technologies, and methodologies and conduct trade-off studies. Lead ride control hardware design efforts and collaborate with other designers and engineers to implement ride control systems.
• Collaborate with attraction development team to confirm and review creative intent.
• Capture control system requirements and specifications in documents, drawings, and models. • Perform and review ride control equipment design.
• Develop and implement mock-ups and prototypes for proof-of concept efforts
• Perform hazard assessments and failure modes and effects analysis.
• Develop test requirements and lead ride installation/commissioning efforts. Manage vendors conducting control system design and implementation for ride systems.
• Define and oversee supplier design and delivery efforts.
• Ensure delivery and performance requirements have been met.
• Oversee factory test and ride system installation/commissioning efforts. Basic Qualifications:
• 5 to 10 years of experience with design, engineering, installation, and commissioning of control systems for electromechanical systems
• Extensive knowledge of control system engineering, and electrical safety standards and codes
• Proficiency in industrial control system installation, integration and commissioning • Experience in fail-safe and safety-related control system design, including design for functional safety
• Extensive knowledge of control processors, components, and communication networks used in multiprocessing real-time industrial and/or embedded applications
• Extensive knowledge of motor and motion control methods and components
• Demonstrated experience in control system integration into complex facilities, including design coordination with architects and facility engineers, and oversight of installation contractors
• Solid understanding of communication technologies/protocols: TCP/IP, CAN, serial, ProfiNET, Ethernet/IP, EtherCAT
• Extensive knowledge and familiarity with amusement and automation industry standards, including ASTM F2291, NFPA 70, and UL508A
• Solid skills in technical document writing • Demonstrated experience in contractor/vendor management and technical contract documents
• Ability to travel and work both domestically and internationally, for varying durations that could be over 1 year
• Ability to handle multiple complex efforts simultaneously, coordinate team efforts, and manage tasks and priorities
• Electrical and troubleshooting skills (voltmeter, oscilloscope, etc.)
• Proficient with engineering design tools, including AutoCAD, Matlab, Solidworks Preferred Qualifications :
• Proficient in Rockwell and/or Siemens automation systems architecture and components
• Demonstrated experience in wireless communications for control and monitoring electromechanical systems
• Demonstrated experience with electric vehicle battery systems • Knowledge of pneumatic controls and devices
• Demonstrated knowledge of international amusement industry standards applicable in France, Hong Kong, or China
• Professional Engineer certification preferred Required Education:
• As a minimum a Bachelor of Science Degree in an engineering field from an accredited university