Santa Clara Valley, San Jose, CA, USA - Adecco USA
DURATION: 6 months+
PAY: $40-43/hr. DOE
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create strong business partnerships with senior leaders in the Intellectual Property & Licensing group and related business functions. This role is to be the leader for Finance related IP&L issues, coordinating activities across Finance to support IP&L as necessary.
- Further develop and maintain an infrastructure of Financial analyses that provide meaningful insights to the effectiveness and efficiency of IP investments and consistently identify opportunities for value maximization. This includes valuation of the company's IP portfolio and valuation of potential additions to the portfolio.
- Play the lead Finance role in IP licenses & acquisitions, including leading and coordinating activities in areas such as deal modeling and valuation, proper licensing rate determination, accounting treatment, & royalty impact.
- Ensure financial optimization of organic patent portfolio growth through per unit cost controls and robust financial planning and be knowledgeable about the drivers of spend in other areas of IP - Trademark, IP Enforcement, & IP Transactions - and plan accordingly.
- Develop analytics that provide meaningful insights to the efficiency of legal spend on Intellectual Property Matters.
- Create Annual Budgets and update Monthly Forecasts for Professional Service spend.
- Analyze the existing processes, tools and deliverables for effectiveness and ease of use, help drive scalable systems that integrate with other financial systems and eBilling tool, leverage data to deliver a level of detail that helps the business. Utilize data for annual budgeting, monthly forecasting and quarter end close.
- Provide management reports for IP managers and leaders that enables the groups to manage their budgets and headcount in accordance with Plan.
- Manage accruals for quarterly close, ensuring adherence to SOX requirements for the substantiation of accruals.
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts related to Litigation and IP FAS5 accruals.
- Review actuals to ensure correct accounting treatment and requesting journal entries when necessary.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Must possess excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical/problem-solving, & attention to detail skills, and the ability to work with cross-functional teams across many levels of management. Strong background in Accounting and Finance with experience managing operating expenses.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Economics or Finance with a minimum of 4 years of experience. (MBA preferred)