Hickory, NC, USA - Adecco USA
Contract Length: 18+ months
Pay Rate: $20-22/hr. DOE
Responsibilities, Qualifications, & Details:
To provide administrative support and assistance to the Vice President & General Manager, Optical Connectivity Solutions and staff, in a professional, efficient and quality manner, operating in full confidence.
• Assist the vice president with execution of roles, responsibilities and projects as assigned while alleviating administrative detail.
• Provide administrative support including coordinating meetings and maintaining calendars, preparing correspondence, answering phone calls, filing, sorting mail, and managing e-mail.
• Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements including scheduling, preparing itinerary and agendas; assisting in acquiring travel documents (passports and visas) as needed.
• Complete and file expense reports in a timely manner, using the Concur expense system.
• Prepare presentations, spreadsheets, graphs and reports as requested using appropriate skills and software.
• Responsible for updating and maintaining various SharePoint® sites
• Schedule and attend staff meetings, participating as required.
• Assist the vice president’s staff with special projects or needs as requested.
• Ensure necessary reports, information, etc. are provided in a timely manner by the vice president and his staff to the appropriate areas of the company.
• Schedule meetings along with domestic and international travel as needed for customers, visitors or other staff members.
• Coordinate facility visits as needed.
• Coordinate logistics and details for departmental/executive events
• Manage logistics, agendas and objectives for key executive visits from Corning or international locations; e.g., delivering key messages, objectives, logistics, travel, accommodations, tours, meals, entertainment, etc.
• Coordinate updating of departmental org charts
• Assist with the preparation, publishing and control of highly proprietary documents.
• Manage confidential and proprietary information with discretion and sound judgment.
• As a representative of the vice president, convey the highest level of professionalism and integrity in behavior and appearance and help to fulfill all customer expectations of the Optical Connectivity Solutions organization and the Optical Communications group as an integral part of Corning.
• Four year Bachelor’s Degree in a business related area or demonstrated equivalent work experience.
• Five years+ experience in performing the duties of a professional/executive assistant.
• Ability to interface and communicate (verbally and in writing) effectively with all levels of personnel internal and external to Corning and with various cultures, both internal and external. 100% fluent in English – both written and verbal.
• Must be able to work in a high profile position, handling details of a highly confidential and critical nature.
• Work effectively as both an individual performer and a team player.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work efficiently and effectively in a dynamic unstructured environment.
• Detail oriented, conscientious.
• Ability to maintain composure and professional demeanor at all times.
• Ability to listen, make wise decisions and act with little direction.
• Ability to organize and coordinate work schedules and duties.
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office 2010, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and SharePoint®.
• Proficiency in Concur expense reporting and travel functions.
• Please note that part of the selection criteria will include a hands-on assessment
• Proactive, demonstrated ability to take the lead and influence the outcome.
• Eager to take on additional responsibilities outside normal scope of position.
• Picks up on the need to change personal and interpersonal behavior quickly
• Seeks feedback
• Not fearful of acting with minimum planning
• Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal customers
• Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all levels and gains their trust and respect
• Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment
• Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions
• Lives the Corning values
• Willingness to work outside of normal schedule business hours when necessary
Shift Start/End Time: Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm