Manufacturing Development Engineer
Toccoa, GA, USA - Adecco USA
Contract Length: 12+ months
Pay Rate: $30/hr.
Responsibilities, Qualifications, & Details:
Support continuous improvement in manufacturing processes. Support weekly cross functional Lean BOS and MRB meetings. Collect and analyze manufacturing data to improve safety, reduce costs, improve quality and increase product velocity. Develop new tools and processes to support the overall manufacturing strategy for the Toccoa Plant. Successfully facilitate the Transfer of Manufacturing Technology, Processes and Tools from Incumbent Manufacturing Sites (IMS) to Target Manufacturing Sites (TMS), Ensuring that ongoing production processes are robust and sustainable in order to meet Quality and Delivery Requirements according to Eaton’s Internal Requirements and those of AS9100, AIAG APQP, and Customer flow down.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data to drive continuous improvement in order to improve worker safety/ergonomics, reduce cost, increase efficiency and improve quality.
- Support weekly cross-functional Lean BOS meetings: Modify existing routers and bills as appropriate, Create operator TPM process, Reduce setup times and lead times, Improve product quality, Conduct time studies, Drive EHS improvements.
- Develop capital plans in order to procure new equipment and tooling or modify existing equipment.
- Implement new manufacturing processes or manage transition of manufacturing processes to support the overall manufacturing strategy for the Toccoa plant.
- Lead NADCAP audits and ensure industry certification in the following processes: Heat Treat, Chemical Processing, Non-destructive Testing, Welding
- Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical or Materials)
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Minimum 3 years of manufacturing engineering experience with knowledge in lean principles and Six Sigma methodology
• Six Sigma Black belt preferred • Ability to design manufacturing tooling, equipment, and fixtures for new and existing production parts.
• Additional skills needed: experience with Autocad, Solidworks, and CNC programming.