Data Analyst/ Database Development (SQL)
New York, NY - ACG Resources
Chat with me now!
Reports to: Director- Data Analytics & FIU
As a Data Analyst, you will maintain data storage and access by designing physical databases. You will conduct full lifecycle activities to include requirements analysis and design, develop analysis and reporting capabilities, and continuously monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
- Experience with data query and business intelligence, i.e., SQL, and/or statistical software required
- Comfortable learning new systems/software applications
- Superior quantitative and analytical skills including the ability to gather and interpret various types of data
- Assuring the integrity of project data, including data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis
- Analyzing data with standard statistical methods, interpreting the results, and providing written summary of data analyses
- Collecting and collating appropriate data for usage in databases and conducting related research
- Creating business process workflow, evaluating various alternatives for web applications, improving databases, and writing commands in SQL.
- Changes database system by coding database descriptions
- Maintains user reference by writing and rewriting database descriptions
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Understanding of data capture, update, usage and or core business processes that influence data life cycle
- Experience with a reporting platform
- Experience with DB development or similar skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline
- Experience working in an insurance firm, financial firm, or Financial and/or Professional Services Firms (preferred)
- Min. 2 yrs. analyzing data for data source systems
- Min. 2 yrs. exp. in SQL Server 2005/2008
- Ability to travel as needed. Travel limited to Georgia, NYC as well as to clients in the U.S. and Canada as needed.
Chat with me now!