Oceanside, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Electrician be responsible for maintaining, repairing all existing electrical equipment in production areas and troubleshooting PLC's while ensuring all company safety rules and policies are followed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Place the upmost importance on working safely and maintaining a safe and orderly work environment for self and other at all times.
- Maintain and repair all existing electrical equipment in production areas and troubleshooting PLC's by utilizing ladder diagrams and schematics.
- Analyze, detects, and determine the nature of a problem, and extent of repairs required.
- Select material and prepare reporting documentation.
- Dismantle, rebuild, rewire, and assemble parts necessary to maintain optimal performance of equipment and high quality product.
- Notify manager of reoccurring malfunctions, corrective actions taken and root cause of problems or supplies needed for improvement.
- Follow and enforce company safety policies and procedures at all times and operate wide variety of manufacturing tools.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associates degree and/or journeyman level desired, or equivalent experience
- Ability to run conduit and electrically terminate wiring in industrial equipment, interpret input output modules, and operate a variety of tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Experienced with NFPA 70E in an industrial application.
- Safety minded at all times.
- Ability to read and interpret diagrams, schematics, and motor controls.
- Skilled with Hydraulics systems.
- Team player, reliable and high work integrity.
- Good communication skills.
- Nimble with technology – Microsoft Office, SAP (highly desirable).
- 5+ years related experience.
- Experience working in an industrial manufacturing facility.
- Experience troubleshooting equipment and determining the safest way to optimize equipment efficiency.
- Experience with hydraulics.
Licenses or Certificates:
- Industrial Electrician.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs occasionally.
- Must place the upmost importance on working safely, and maintain a safe work environment for self and others, at all times.
- Close attention to detail and organized.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Work independently and as a team.
- Must be well organized, and able to complete, and perform work orders.
Physical Hazards -- Health and Safety Concerns:
- Working near moving mechanical parts.
- Loud noise.
- Exposure to airborne particles within a manufacturing operation
- Standard indoor and outdoor weather conditions
- Lifting heavy materials, up to 50 pounds
- Climb and work occasionally at heights
- General manufacturing environment
- May require overtime work as necessary
- Must be flexible to work any shift and/or weekends as scheduled
- Ability to stoop, bend, walk, stand, sit, reach and climb.
- Will be expected to conduct all assigned tasks scheduled by supervisor.
Equipment and Special Materials:
- General maintenance equipment to include hand and mechanical tools
- Personal protective equipment