Communication and Events Manager (Bilingual Mandarin)
New York, NY - ACG Resources
Chat with me now!
Communication and Events Manager
Our client is currently seeking a Communication and Events Manager who is able to read, write and speak Mandarin. This role is an important role in the client’s General Office. Responsibilities include managing the Communication and Events Associate, overlooking administrative functions, communication responsibilities, and event planning responsibilities. The ideal candidate should be able to provide writing samples and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for corporate culture building program including internal publicity and event organization.
- Oversee Head Office Interacting and Coordination
- Provide assistance to executives.
- Responsible for Public Relationship management including external publicity Execute corporate culture building initiatives including internal publicity
Responsible for corporate culture building program including internal communications and event organization
- Propose and define annual branch corporate culture development program. Present to management team to get endorsement. Responsible for these plans’ execution which includes budget planning and cross functional coordination.
- Responsible for designing and on-going managing the corporate culture communication program, which includes but not limited to working with IT team to design and launch the internal communication/publicity platform, writing articles to be published on the publicity platform, interviewing employees and writing stories.
- Plan and organize branch wide celebration events including but not limited to year end event, summer event, anniversary celebration events and other team building events for the purpose of culture dissemination.
- Come up with creative ideas in related to corporate culture building and coordinate resources to get those ideas executed.
- Review and write up publicity articles so they can be published at head office newsletter or wechat platform. Stay on top of Head Office major initiatives or publicity that may help with the branch’s culture building.
- Organize culture building related trainings.
Oversee Head Office Interacting and Coordination
- Serve as the escalation point of Head Office’s interfacing and coordination. Provide assistance and guidance for cross-functions coordination in order to fulfill Head Office requirements. Make sure all Yishitong mailbox emails gets responded and tasks get handled on timely matter.
- Review drafted work reports before they can be submitted to Head Office.
- Help with Head Office visitors receptions including proposing and executing reception plans, escort Head Office visitors during their visits when necessary and write up related publicity articles about their visits.
- Manage the head office and official documents as well as stamp management systems. Update related policies on timely manner.
- Write up important working reports in Chinese or English as needed.
Manage executives assistance work
- Write up speeches for executives.
- Help with cross functional coordination to ensure action items mentioned at the executive committee meeting get implemented on timely basis.
- Drive meeting efficiency improvement initiatives.
- Summarize and brief executives with key content of Head Office’s official documents and key initiatives.
Manage the Public Relationship including external publicity
- Maintain the media relations, write and review articles before they get published at media when necessary.
- Day to day manage the PR firm.
- Supervise public sentiments monitoring and work with PR firm to mitigate reputational risk when necessary.
- Coordinate with Head Office for PR related work.
- Plan and execute sponsorship related projects.
- Manage the brand awareness. Partner with business departments for marketing event planning and execution.
Perform other GO Director assigned work including but not limited to improving the branch’s policy and procedure system, spearheading top initiatives including cross functional process re-engineering projects, work efficiency improvement projects and any other management or GO sponsored important projects
- Bachelor degree is required.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin.
- Strong writing skills in both English and Mandarin (Sample articles composed by candidates may be required).
- One to three years of full time working experience in a related role.
- Experience in media, Public Relationship, marketing or advertisement industry can be a plus.
- Experience in corporate culturing building, internal and external publicity management and event organization is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be energetic, confident, reliable, and outgoing.
- Must be comfortable with working in a multicultural environment and willing to learn.
Chat with me now!