Benefit Customer Service Representative
Multiple Openings - Kelly Services
Towers Watson is a leading global professional services company that helps organizations improve performance through effective people, financial and risk management. With 14,000 associates around the world, we offer solutions in the areas of employee benefit programs, talent and reward programs, and risk and capital management.
Our Technology and Administration Solutions business provides benefits administration and outsourcing solutions to many of the world’s leading organizations. Our comprehensive, state of the art defined benefit and health welfare outsourcing services and HR service technologies help clients save money and improve service delivery while freeing Human Resources to make strategic contributions to the business.
We have been in the business of benefit administration and HR technology for more than 25 years, and support hundreds of clients and nearly six million participants.
Provide customer service support for client pension and/or health and welfare plans using web-based systems for tracking, information gathering and troubleshooting issues.
- Provide a high level of customer service support when handling customers questions/complaints in respect to defined benefit pension and/or health and welfare plans
- Quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding expectations (responding in a respectful, accurate, timely manner, consistently meeting commitments)
- Demonstrate flexibility to customize customer service approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities
- Handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion in accordance with HIPAA and Data Privacy laws and company data security requirements
- Proficiently translate health and welfare and pension terms, complex plan information and processes into simple explanations and instructions that customers can understand and act upon.
- Read and understand client’s plan documents, amendments or online knowledgebase tools, etc. Collect relevant information, determine immediate requests/questions and also anticipate the future needs of the member
- Maintain diplomacy and tact while dealing with upset or escalated callers
- Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and compliance with company and client procedures and guidelines providing appropriate and accurate information
- Maintain and document complete and accurate call and case notes
- Respond professionally to customer inquiries/complaints received via phone, email or other communication channels
- Demonstrate ability to maintain a high level of customer service in a changeable work environment
- Participate in team meetings and training
- Possess a cooperative and positive attitude towards customers, internal contacts and team members
- Perform other duties as assigned