VP of Engineering
Fremont, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The VP of engineering reports directly to the CEO and plans and directs all aspects of engineering activities and projects within the organization. S/he is responsible for developing, implementing and driving the product life cycle process of all products and for ensuring that all team members and responsible parties contribute satisfactory, high quality and timely deliverables in the process. The VP of engineering develops budgets and resource plans for execution and is responsible for staffing of the engineering department. Initially the VP of engineering is expected to take a leading role in collecting the requirements and the project planning of the Compact EUV Source for semiconductor applications.
- Serve as a key member of the management team that sets the company’s strategic direction.
- Support tactical initiatives to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Formulate annual and long-term objectives and standards of performance for the department and company in a consistent framework.
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Develop and implement product life cycle process fitting to company needs.
- Develop with CTO and CSO the technology roadmap of the company.
- Assure that department achieves objectives and goals within budget and time frame.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Day-to-day management of simultaneous projects.
- Manage the product development process, monitor and guide the execution in concert with other senior executives and manager.
- Collect from and negotiate with customers the product specification and interface requirements.
- Negotiate technical specifications internally with CTO and CSO and his team to optimize tradeoffs between cost, performance and schedule.
- Collaborate on and negotiate internally collaboration programs with customers and external collaborators.
- Deliver manufacturable designs and documentation to agreed specifications within time and budget constraints.
- Develop engineering development process encompassing design reviews, documentation standards, ECO/ECR process, project and product documentation archives which is consistent with the PLC process and Operations needs.
- Work with Operations during design phase to determine supply chain and sourcing of components for prototype and manufacturing.
- Interface, coordinate with and support Operations to smoothly transition products into production.
- Interface with Finance and other departments to report on progress against plans.
- Interface with the Safety Officer to ensure developed products meet local safety standards at customer sites (including radiation safety).
- Hands-on project management of selected projects.
- Participate on internal Safety Committee to ensure safe internal operations for staff.
- Prepare and make reports to the Board of Directors as required in areas of responsibility.
- Hire and direct staff to acquire necessary resources to meet scheduled commitments.
- Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance.
- Ensure preparation, negotiation, tracking and evaluation of goals and objectives for every employee in the department to comply with incentive plan requirements and company performance management processes.
- Ensure quarterly performance discussions and yearly performance evaluation are conducted and documented according to company standards.
- Develop and implement in coordination with executive management employee training programs to ensure steady career and skill development of employees and increased retention.
- Self-motivated, high energy individual with a strong drive to win.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience in all areas of product development and engineering (all disciplines).
- Experience in implementation and management of product life cycle process.
- Clear vision of engineering department growth into a larger organization.
- Strong communicator with excellent listening skills.
- Strong people skills with ability to motivate individuals and teams.
- Hands-on experience in project and people management.
- Minimum of BS in engineering with 10+ years of industry engineering experience with minimum of 5 years in a management position.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in industrial engineering position.
- Experience in large capital equipment for semiconductor manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Less than 20% of time.
Chat with a recruiter about this opportunity! - https://flashrecruit.com/jobs/301268