CAD Designer - Solidworks
Camarillo, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Under minimal supervision, this position converts customer requirements into functional gage designs, generally by modifying existing designs in a CAD environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, other duties and tasks may also be performed):
- Interpret customer and sales requirements.
- Use knowledge of the constraints and limitations of air gaging as well as the manufacturing capabilities of Western Gage to design gages.
- Communicate gage designs effectively, accurately and thoroughly in a CAD drawing.
- Collaborate with sales, engineering and manufacturing as well as the customer.
- Develop and maintain bills of material within the ERP system.
- Maintain standard and custom drawing files, both digital and paper.
- Track attendance and job time in the ERP system, practice effective time management.
- Perform work accurately, neatly and on time.
- Comply with all policies, specifications, regulations and instructions.
- Cooperate with coworkers and supervisors.
Education and/or Experience:
- 2 year college degree or trade school certificate preferred.
- 5 years work experience in a related field.
- Solidworks; MS Office.
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (ASME Y14.5.).
- Understanding of the principles of Design for Manufacturability (DFM) considering material type, material form, tolerances, design and shape.