Survey Party Chief
Murrieta, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Will work primarily in the field on control, boundary, right of way, topographic and construction surveys, as Party Chief of a one, two or three person field crew in urban and remote areas.
2. May perform some office duties, including data reduction, field note reduction, calculations, data checks and staking computations using Civil3D, and other software.
3. Accurately operate survey measuring instruments including level, theodolite, electronic measuring devices, total stations (manual, servo, autolock, and robotic) with electronic data collecting capabilities and GPS receivers. Leica hardware experience preferred. 3D scanning experience desirable.
4. Performs intermediate mathematical and geometric calculations including closing and adjusting level loops and field traverses.
5. Must have fundamental knowledge of boundary issues including the Public Land Survey System (PLSS), evidence search, recovery, and documentation.
6. Ability to download Leica data collector into an AutoCAD drawing file and provide thorough review and edits of codes and line work.
7. Reviews and/or take accurate and clear notes, by recording survey measurements, descriptive data and sketches in multiple formats.
8. Reads and has a comprehensive understanding of plans and specifications.
9. Knows sources of measurement errors and have thorough knowledge to perform analysis of survey data to ensure completeness, accuracy and precision.
10. Have comprehensive principles knowledge of monumentation, construction staking and field markings.
11. Demonstrate abilities including complex problem solving, listening, reading comprehension, learning, time management, critical thinking, speaking, equipment selection, judgment and decision making