A&E Telecom Project Manager
Lake Forest, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
- Plan, direct, coordinate, and/or budget activities concerned with the management of assigned A&E projects.
- Define scope of services for the project and identify anything that is out of this scope, prevent "scope creep".
- Interact directly with clients to develop business and manage client expectations to mutually agreed-upon timelines.
- Maintain a high quality of work and provide quality control of deliverables before final delivery to client.
- Provide project reporting as needed for company Management and client.
- Manage project activities ensuring scope, schedule and budget are in line with client objectives.
- Design sites with all third party vendors (engineers, civil, etc.) and disciplines.
- Maintain schedule, track project risks, issues and decisions at a site and project level, collaborate with Real Estate team and Construction Managers.
- Ensure accurate and up to date project data points - dates, notes, forecasts and PO's (open/closed), billing.
- Coordinate and attend site walks, ensuring accurate and complete account of the site walk checklist.
- Solve project or site problems, meet and exceed deadlines - keep projects on track.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree in Computer Aided Drafting & Design, Architecture, Engineering or a related field, or 3 years or more of experience in A&E services for wireless telecommunications.
- 5 years' experience in a professional office providing architectural and engineering services.
- Minimum 3 years' wireless telecommunications work experience.
- Ability to function in high pressure, date driven environment.
- Knowledge of scheduling and project management.
- Experience managing multiple projects and multiple sites.
- Design and/or construction background within the telecommunications field preferred.
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in AutoCAD 2011 or higher.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong computer knowledge and efficiency with AutoCAD software and Microsoft office suite.
- Proven time management and organizational skills, ability to plan for and meet deadlines.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables where only limited standardization exists.
- Field experience taking dimensions, photos and working with construction and RF engineers with onsite design, ability to attend client meetings as needed.
- Ability to travel (25% local travel).
- Organizational skills; detail-oriented and possess good follow-through skills.
- Problem solving, issue management, independent thinking and decision making mindset.