Build & Release Engineer
Carlsbad, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Own, lead and continually improve the build, test and release process for all company platforms.
- Work closely with Engineering, QA and Operations to package, test and release code into production.
- Lead and drive all new releases into production for our customers.
- Manage company’s testing and staging environments – ensuring environments are kept up to date.
- Troubleshoot and assist with deployment related issues and incident response on live systems.
- Remain at the forefront of latest Build/Release tooling technologies and systems.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years working in Engineering, DevOps, Site Reliability Engineering, or similar capacity preferably managing SaaS environments.
- Experience with scripting languages. PowerShell and Python preferred.
- Experience building automation tools and managing Continuous Integration (CI) pipelines. TeamCity preferred.
- Solid experience with configuration management systems. Consul and Puppet preferred.
- Experience with modern source control systems, especially managing multiple branches. Mercurial or Git preferred.
- Experience with Log Aggregation technologies.
- Experience with issue tracking systems. JIRA preferred.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux operating systems. Including configuration of IIS.
- Proven history of owning and driving software releases into production.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Possess a DevOps mindset when approaching tasks with automation, reliability and repeatability in mind.
- Familiarity with agile development processes.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and be able to work independently. A keen interest in various aspects of language processing is essential in our multi-disciplinary team.