Senior Network Engineer
Carlsbad, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
- Design, architect and maintain highly available network infrastructure.
- Ensure correct tuning, performance and upgrading of key technologies.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and respond to incidents for these systems, maintaining SLAs and platform availability.
- Focus on scale-able solutions including load balancers, switches, VPNs and routers.
- Ensure all configuration is correctly treated as code and reproducible.
- Be a key contributor to scaling these systems and deployment of new systems into our globally distributed datacenters and new datacenter rollouts.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience as a Network Engineer for large throughput and data platforms.
- Data Center Networking experience is a must.
- Configuration, Architecture, Deployment, Upgrades, Monitoring and Performance tuning.
- Familiarity with distributed high availability clustered systems, such as: Hadoop, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, VMware, SAN or NAS storage and compute clusters.
- Experience with the Cisco Nexus and VPC.
- Working knowledge of Palo Alto Firewalls and F5 Big-IP.
- Familiarity with WAN and LAN topologies, routing and IPsec tunnels.
The following experience is a plus:
- General Linux system administration skills.
- Familiarity with configuration management systems. Puppet preferred.
- Treat infrastructure as code i.e. automation, repeatability and consistency.