Senior Water/Wastewater Project Manager
Atlanta, Georgia - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The Water Infrastructure Group is seeking a highly motivated, detail oriented, self-starter to join our Atlanta, GA office as a Senior Water/Wastewater Project Manager. Relocation will be considered.
- The Water/Wastewater Project Manager will support and lead projects for water and wastewater clients in the greater Atlanta area, including planning, designing and preparing plans related to water and wastewater infrastructure which may be comprised of water distribution and sewage collection systems, storm water systems, pump stations, reservoirs, hydraulic structures, and water/wastewater treatment facilities.
- Our customer's business is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies.
- Our customer business has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
- Our customer's business was ranked as the world’s 11th largest global design firm by ENR in 2016 with nearly 18,000 employees worldwide.
- We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Position Must Haves:
- Experience within treatment plants, large/ complex pump stations and distribution/ collection systems.
- Water/ Wastewater project management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical oversight of design staff and team members for water and wastewater infrastructure projects including water pipelines, sewage collection systems, storm drain systems, pump stations, storage tanks, etc.
- Coordinates and participates in contract negotiations with clients and subcontractors, and drafts complex professional service agreements and addenda for review by senior management.
- Directs project team and client compliance with contract terms and monitors subcontractors' compliance with contractual commitments.
- Prepares project work plan, scope, schedule and budget, and communicates these to project team members; monitors/manages project production for compliance with schedule, budget and quality objectives.
- Monitors reports and schedules to ensure appropriate charging of manhours, costs and expenses to projects, and to communicate project progress/status to senior management.
- Establishes and maintains project account files on the computerized project management information system, and periodically reviews project reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Monitors client billings, assists in obtaining payment from clients, and resolves client disputes, adjusting project billing records as required.
- Monitors subconsultants' progress and performance, reviews and approves subconsultant and vendor invoices, and resolves payment and project disputes.
- Schedules and coordinates project meetings with the project team, regulatory agencies, the client, and others involved with the projects.
- Reports financial status of projects to technical managers.
- Identifies new business opportunities for the firm, coordinates and participates in project presentations to clients and other external groups, and promotes firm's capabilities, marketing its services among existing and prospective clients.
- Participates in project opportunity evaluation, consultant selection, and the preparation of firm's qualification/experience statements.
- May supervise technical professionals, associate project managers and design staff including workload and staffing management.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
Education and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil, Chemical or Environmental Engineering. Graduate degree preferred. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus. This level may be achieved with ten years of experience in project production and technical professional activities, four of these working as a project manager.
- Local experience with the cities, water/sanitation districts and regulatory agencies within the greater Atlanta area is highly desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong technical writing and communications skills.
- Experience and familiarity with the following programs is preferred: ArcGIS, AutoCAD, MicroStation, Storm/Sewer/WaterCAD, is preferred.
- Knowledge of construction specifications including CSI standards is preferred.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary.
- Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
- PE license is required GA preferred or must be able to obtain one within the state of GA within 6 months of employment.
- Our customer offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do.
- Is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.