Principal Java/JEE/Web Services Software Engineer
San Diego, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
The candidate will work as part of the multi-disciplinary M868 engineering team to design, code, and test new software in a rapid development environment to integrate, deploy, and support large, complex SW/HW based systems. The position will also include debugging and integrating challenging HW/SW systems designed in a multi-threaded, distributed application environment, and defining and developing significant features and upgrades to a complex, enterprise-wide Imagery and Geospatial Intelligence System. This position may require business travel in support of customer meetings and operational system deployment and support activities.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience.
Required Skills and Education:
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
- US Citizenship and ability to be granted a security clearance by the Federal Government.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering/technical discipline, and 8+ year(s) software design, code and debugging experience across the entire development lifecycle (or MS with 6+ years related experience).
- Proficiency with Java/JEE.
- Experience with Java Frameworks such as Spring.
- Experience with Cloud computing environments such as AWS.
- Knowledge of and experience with software design patterns and heuristics and their application.
- Experience with object oriented design patterns, their use, and their tradeoffs
- Experience developing, deploying, and maintaining web services to include WSDL, SOAP, XML.
- XSD, XSLT, XQuery/Xpath in a live commercial or government production environment.
- Experience developing successful object-oriented systems with a focus on maintainability and testability, and deep understanding of issues surrounding layering and dependencies in object oriented systems.
- Understanding and skills in software design and code, especially Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD).
- Familiarity with various web services standards (WS*), to include security standards.
- Experience integrating web services technology with legacy systems.
- Experience and familiarity with UNIX and/or Linux.
- Experience with UML and UML tools.
- Experience following an object-oriented software process in an iterative lifecycle.
- Self-starter with ability to multitask.
- Team player with a proactive attitude and the ability to be productive in a dynamic/collaborative environment.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
Preferred Skills and Education:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science.
- Proficiency in multiple high level programming languages (e.g., C++, Java).
- Experience with geospatial data and/or large imagery archive systems is a plus.
- Experience with Semantic Web Technologies.
- Agile Development methodologies.
- Database tools and design (e.g., Oracle, Postgres, SQL, MongoDB, AllegroGraph, NoSQL, AllegroGraph, RDF, and/or SPARQL).
- Development tools and services (e.g., Eclipse, Spring Framework, JBoss, Hibernate, Apache, Tomcat, Maven, Ant and/or automated test tools).
- User Interface development tools - Configuration Management tools (e.g., Jira, ClearCase, Subversion, and/or Git).
- Familiarity with /Exposure to FishEye, Jenkins (building continuous integration jobs), CruiseControl, Nexus, W3c standards, Ontology development, Open Linked data.