DevOps Software Engineer (With Clearance)
Annapolis Junction, Maryland - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
- 7 years of software developer experience with a Bachelor's Degree.
- Linux system administration (RHEL/CENTOS) experience including software integration, service management and basic operating system routines (storage, network, and configuration).
- Experience with an IDE like (e.g., Eclipse, IntelliJ, NetBeans, etc.) to promote rapid development and design.
- Experience with Maven.
- Experience with Atlassin tool suite (e.g., Git, Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, etc.)
- Experience with Object-oriented development using Java/C++ and testing with Junit Test suite.
- Experience with Linux shell scripting (e.g., Bourne, Python, etc.).
- Understanding of AGILE software development methodologies (e.g., daily standups, parking lots, project analysis and design, etc.).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Development with REST API.
- Data parsing/transforming techniques used to manipulate JSON, XML, and CSV data formats.
- Relational database knowledge (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL).
- Experience Key/Value repositories (e.g., Accumulo, Redis, etc.).
- Experience with HPC programming applications to include ZooKeeper, Kafka, Apache NiFi, Apache Mesos, InfiniBand interconnect, GPFS, and GPU/CUDA programming is desired.
- ZooKeeper cluster configuration and deploymentExperience with Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, and Elasticsearch.
- Experienced with FOSS monitoring and metrics tool suites (e.g., Ganglia, Nagios, OpenTSDB, and Grafana).
- Docker Container VM creation.
- Experience with analytical algorithm design/data science.
- Candidates must have Java experience but this position is more focused on the Operations side.