National Parts & Service Manager
Strongsville, Ohio - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
Under the general supervision of the Vice President of Aftersales, the incumbent is responsible for managing all aspects of parts and service operations and activities, increasing the effectiveness and efficiency of each, in order to fulfill customer needs while achieving departmental goals.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or Associate’s degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in customer service and project management.
- Experience utilizing ERP systems.
- List the knowledge, skills, abilities, and characteristics which help differentiate superior performance from average performance.
- General knowledge of plastic injection molding machines.
- Excellent decision-making skills based on department results.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Project management skills.
- Conflict management skills.
- Ability to facilitate problem solving, decision making, and follow through on action plans identified as essential.
- Full computer literacy, including knowledge of various business software programs (Microsoft Office suite, ERP systems, asset management).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of parts and service operations and activities ensuring each department is fulfilling the needs of customers while achieving departmental goals.
- Anticipates the type and degree of service, equipment, skills, and personnel required.
- Develops short and long range objectives to meet departmental goals.
- Accountable for ensuring a safe and efficient parts and service operation and holds the departments accountable for following established policies and procedures.
- Develops and maintains efficient work flow with all other departments.
- Reviews performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement to determine areas needing training and program improvement.
- Responsible for monthly KPIs for departmental effectiveness.
- Provides data to upper management to aid in yearly and mid-year revised budget planning.
- Oversees field service operations.
- Performs analysis and recommends improvements on the organization and scheduling of on-site service at customer locations in order to reduce time and expenses.
- Reviews and implements changes and/or corrections after analysis of key performance indicator reports for: overtime hours worked, travel to work hour/person ratio, work hours/call, and repeat service calls.
- Responds to, and addresses, escalated customer complaints, unresolved issues, or special circumstances.
- Oversees parts sales activities.
- Manages the parts warranty policy, consignment agreements, discounts, and credits.
- Implements training programs for all parts associates, specifically regarding product, ERP system, and customer service training.
- Accountable for minimization of customer call wait time, parts order fulfillment to plan, parts annual margin to plan, and time and attendance of the department.
- Responsible for the ongoing improvement of daily operations through system enhancement, new supplier development, existing supplier audit, new product offerings, and risk analysis.