Help Desk Support Specialist
Vancouver, WA, USA - Tech Talent Link, Inc
The Help Desk Support position will respond to and manage IT incidents. This role is expected to manage basic and mid-level technical problems (Tier 1 & Tier 2) and assist in short term project work. This position requires a solid understanding of networking, systems administration and desktop support services. The selected candidate must be a creative problem solver with the ability to take ownership and responsibility of incidents: responding, reporting, researching, documenting, resolving and/or escalating incidents accurately and completely.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Troubleshoot and resolve user issues that involve local network issues, desktop, server and application issues.
· Evaluate, prioritize and disposition incoming telephone, voice mail, e-mail, and in-person requests for assistance from users.
· Open trouble tickets with vendors and assist in troubleshooting to resolve problems in a timely manner.
· Assist the customer with solving basic technical problems.
· Investigate all issues by confirming the validity of the problem and seeking known solutions.
· Document and communicate with the customer through the entire lifecycle of the incident.
· Develop and deliver end-user systems training.
· Create, modify or remove approved account access for a majority of business applications including: Office 365 and Active Directory.
· Create and maintain email mailboxes, groups, distribution lists and public folders.
· Provide on-call support.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· 2-4 years of IT support/technical help desk experience.
· Associate’s Degree with emphasis in related technical field, or an equivalent level of experience.
· Relevant IT Certifications (MCSA, A+, N+, etc.).
· Basic understanding of Windows Server environments
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
· Strong customer relationship skills.
· Able to multi-task.
· Able to work independently and with minimal direction when necessary.
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and changing priorities.