Kalispell - LC Staffing
LC Staffing Kalispell is partnering with a medical center to hire a long-term Phlebotomist.
The Phlebotomist is responsible for obtaining blood samples from patients in all patient areas of the hospital and ECC as required and processing samples as directed. This position involves general guidance and direction by the laboratory supervisor. This person will be expected to perform most job duties independently and in accordance with established departmental and hospital policies and procedures.
Phlebotomist Job Duties:
- Collect blood samples from patients.
- Practice proper patient identification, especially when working on hospital floors.
- Label vials with patient names and dates.
- Decipher the best method for drawing blood depending on the specific patient.
- Transport all specimen samples to a nearby laboratory.
- Centrifuge blood samples, depending on if this is allowed in the state you are working in.
- Expect to work with a large number of patients varying in age and health status.
- Be friendly, courteous and sympathetic when it comes to working with patients.
- Keep your phlebotomy cart or station well-organized at all times.
- Practice infection control standards at all times when working with patients and equipment.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to react quickly to changing circumstances.
- Excellent clinical judgement.
- Professional manner with strong sense of empathy.
- Analytical, objective mind.
- Desire to continually increase knowledge through seminars, conferences and coursework.
- Phlebotomy certificate preferred.
- Previous phlebotomy experience preferred.
This position is Monday through Friday, 11am-7:30pm. This is not a traveling position. This position starts at $15.00 per hour.