Medical Billing Clerk
Kalispell - LC Staffing
LC Staffing Kalispell is partnering with a privately owned medical office to hire a long-term Medical Billing Clerk.
The Medical Billing Clerk bills insurance companies for all hospital and hospital-based physician bills; pursues collection of all claims until payment is made by insurance companies; and performs other work associated with the billing process.
Medical Billing Clerk Job Duties:
- Prepares and submits hospital and hospital-based physician claims to third-party insurance carriers either electronically or by hard copy billing.
- Secures needed medical documentation required or requested by third party insurances.
- Follows up with third-party insurance carriers on unpaid claims till claims are paid or only self-pay balance remains.
- Processes rejections by either making accounts private and generating a letter of rejection to patient or correcting any billing error and resubmitting claims to third-party insurance carriers.
- Works with physician or medical record staff to ensure that correct diagnosis/procedures are reported to third party insurance carriers.
- Makes accounts private and notify patients when claims have not been paid after time frames in established accounts receivable policy.
- Keeps updated on all billing and benefit changes for third-party insurance carriers.
- Posts third-party insurance remittance vouchers.
- Monitors claims for missing information and authorization/control numbers.
- Maintains confidentiality of all information.
- Completes work within authorized time to assure compliance with departmental standards.
- Keeps updated on all third-party billing requirements and changes for insurance types within the area of responsibility.
- Maintains third-party billing logs.
This position is Monday through Friday 7:30am-2pm/5pm. This position starts at $15.00 per hour with benefits offered after probationary period.