Night Shift Stock Cutter
Kalispell - LC Staffing
LC Staffing Kalispell is partnering with a manufacturer to hire a night shift Stock Cutter.
The Stock Cutter will be working in the materials management of the machine shop. This position is responsible for taking materials and following blue prints to cut and prepare the materials to specification for the assembly team.
Stock Cutter Job Duties:
- Receives and stocks raw material from outside vender or in-house Teflon processing department.
- Cuts raw stock of various plastics and metals to size in preparation for the fabrication process.
- Uses various cutting tools (band saws, chop saws, and other tools) to cut raw stock according to engineering drawing/sketches or verbal instruction.
- Keeps a running inventory of raw stock.
- Supplies a daily report on raw stock shortages to supervisors.
- Orders stock cutting supplies such as saw blades etc.
- Works with purchasing department to ensure adequate supply of raw materials.
- Performs quarterly inventory. Identifies and labels all material to part number and purchase order.
- Maintains material certification traceable to PO on all material.
Desired Skills and Attributes:
- Basic math skills to include fraction and decimal measurements.
- Blueprint reading skills. Measuring and layout skills.
- Computer skills to include Syteline and Excel to prepare short reports etc.
- Shop skills to include ability to run saws and sanders.
- Ability to operate a forklift safely.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, or carry 50-75 pounds repeatedly. Standing, sitting, bending & reaching daily.
- Organization skills are necessary to maintain proper supply information.
- Quality and safety consciousness are extremely important.
This position is Monday through Thursday, 4:30pm-3am. This position pays $14.00-$16.00 per hour plus a night shift differential. Long-term benefits include: ACA health insurance, paid holidays and vacation, Thursday donuts, Temp Employee of the Month, flu vaccines, and performance goals celebrations!