Moorpark, California - PEAK Technical Staffing USA
- The Mechanical Designer has responsibility for turning engineering sketches and ideas into detailed 2D and 3D concepts to support proposals, prototypes, and new programs.
- Mechanical designers start with a set of product design parameters, and in collaboration with Development Engineers, Subject Matter Experts and Principal Engineers conceive how these parameters can be turned into a functional device, generate 2D design layouts and 3D models.
- Perform necessary model updates, generate design renders, mechanical interface drawings, and perform mass properties analysis.
- Develop 2D design layouts with engineering input
- Develop 3D product models to meet program requirements/customer needs
- Update models based on engineering and customer input
- Generate Mechanical Interface Drawings
- Generate renders of solid models to support proposal generation
- Generate animations to demonstrate mechanical operation of mechanisms
- Perform mass properties analyses in SolidWorks
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of 3 years of design and drafting of machines and/or mechanisms.
- Demonstrated proficiency with SolidWorks with respect to 3D machine and mechanisms modelling and design.
- Skilled with SolidWorks assemblies, limit mates, and motion studies.
- Experienced and comfortable with creating SolidWorks models that utilize parametric design variables for features and assemblies.
- Experienced in generating 2D layouts in AutoCAD.
- Mechanical hands-on experience.
- Understanding of ASME Y14.100-2004 and ASME Y14.5M-1994.
- Strong communication skills for interaction with various functions responsible for program.
- Understands requirements in customer and military specifications and how they apply to design.
- EO Employer -M/F/Veteran/Disability.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.