The Senior Product Manager leads the development and commercialization of future versions of on-market or new product lines including new features and service components of products. This person supports the vision and strategic product roadmap for certain products with the goal of extending its leading market share and value proposition. The Senior PM is responsible for the entire product lifecycle from concept to obsolescence, evaluation, and prioritization of new features and programs, a creation of product requirements and monitoring product performance in the field. The role combines strategic thinking with execution and will require a strong cross-functional leader and influencer.
- Develop and execute the product roadmap.
- Deliver product requirements based on customer needs and operational limitations.
- Manage product performance and field all product support needs, working across departments, including Product Management, Molecular Biology R&D, Statistics R&D, Software Engineering, Sales & Marketing, Clinical/Medical, Operations, Regulatory, and Business Development.
- Develop quantitative product performance indicators, analyze and track performance data, and identify strategies for improvement across teams.
- Identify business opportunities and create business cases and financial models.
- Conduct VOC interviews, market research, and competitive analysis as a means to test and validate product features, improve customer satisfaction and support market growth.
- Support product marketing in the definition of product positioning – from market launch plans, pricing, and delivering key collateral content to marketing communications.
- Create written, data-based arguments and presentations to achieve buy-in from stakeholders
- Provide internal and external stakeholders with the appropriate updates on progress, vision, product roadmap, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in physical or life science, statistics, engineering discipline, or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience, which includes 4-5 years of product management, product/solution marketing, product commercialization, or strategic consulting experience.
- Experience with Prenatal products/education, medical devices, or diagnostics preferred.
- Expertise and experience in the Life Sciences industry preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to lead and motivate a cross-functional team
- Ability to understand technology and articulate customer value/benefit propositions
- Basic financial/economic modeling skills
- Proven excellence in both written and oral communications skill
- Ability to collaborate and interact effectively with individuals, and influence individuals across functional areas and in team environments.
- Proven organizational skills and extraordinary attention to detail, with an ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience influencing larger groups and leading a team in a successful project.
- Will consider scientific or technical project leads for candidates coming from research and development roles.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Duties are typically performed in an office setting. This position requires the ability to use a computer keyboard, communicate over the telephone and read printed material.
- Duties may require working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends) at times.